Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laramie, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
In post Supercharger - Rock Springs, WY @tniner posted a response from Tesla that mentioned 3 more Wyoming Supercharger locations they were looking at.

from tesla today...

Thank you for your email. Our Developer Team is actively working to build Supercharger Stations across Interstate 80 in the cities of Evanston, Rock Springs, Rawlins, and Laramie. Although we are still in the early phases of deployment, we certainly understand the need to complete charging along this route. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open these site as quickly as we can.

So, I'm creating threads for them. :)

Reactions: theheff
Thinking east:
Rawlins, WY to Laramie, WY: 95.8 miles
Laramie, WY to Kimball, NE: 113 miles
Laramie, WY to Sidney, NE: 153 miles
Rawlins, WY to Cheyenne, WY: 151 miles
Cheyenne, WY to Sidney, NE: 101 miles
Kimball, NE to Ogallala, NE: 106 miles
Sidney, NE to Ogallala, NE: 67.8 miles
Sidney, NE to Gothenburg, NE: 153 miles

I think that Laramie, WY implies Kimball, NE could be a good winter and windy split to complete western I-80.
But given that they already have Cheyenne, WY, Sidney, NE, would also do it, and Sidney's on US-385, which seems to be a pretty fast N-S route. (Sidney, NE to Amarillo, TX is 470 miles in 7 hours 37 minutes (61.7mph).

Wouldn't that be in Cheyenne, WY off of I-25? Not too many people go up to Laramie from Fort Collins taking US 287...
I think it depends on where your final destination is. US287 is definitely shorter and more scenic if you need to go to Laramie or farther west. If someone is going to Cheyenne or farther north or east, then I-25 would be the more logical route.

Attached: see a map

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170710-094456.png
    Screenshot_20170710-094456.png
    504.2 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: KJD
In town visiting... I went to check out what I thought might be a hole in the ground. . . HOLY SHMOKES!
I talked with the contractors (nice "kids" from Oklahoma) this evening. From what I can tell, they are about 90% done with their work. (physical/mechanical and rough-in electrical)
Still short a transformer ( C'mon Rocky Mountain Power ! ) and Tesla will have to complete the electrical and commissioning, so likely 2-3 weeks out still. (My W.A.G.)
More Cabinets.jpg Ready for Pavement.jpg Cabinets.jpg
Gimee a T Gimmie an R Gimmie an A.jpg Specs close up.jpg Comfort Inn in background.jpg Down the Line.jpg

Stopped by this site a couple hours ago. Doesn't appear that any progress has been made since MitchMitch's visit on Tuesday. Perhaps it is the same crew working on Rawlins and they are trying to complete them simultaneously.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver