Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No changes as of today. One worker on site and the charging cable stands are unpacked.

off topic: making the drive from LA to Vegas in a 60 was easy as pie with range charge in Barstow. Arrived with 40 ideal miles remaining. Charged at Aria overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

+1

no way they are finished in 10 days.

Barstow to Las Vegas in a 60 isn't usually a problem. It's the return trip if there's a west wind. Just beware your range on the way back.

Yeah, i did this trip a couple months ago. I arrived at Aria with 28mi range left. The bummer is that I had to drive slower tags I would've otherwise. We really need closer Spacing of SCs to LV. 155 mi from Barstow to LV is too far.

Just got back and averaged 283Wh/mile. Arrived in Vegas with 40 miles ideal range.

When I returned, I departed with 212 miles ideal range. Got to Barstow with 20 miles of ideal range left.

Average speed on the way to Vegas 68 MPH.

Average speed on the way home 71 MPH.

Easiest road trip ever.

Best tip: drop your speed by 5-10mph on the steep climbs. On the downhills, set cruise at 72MPH and you'll see significant regen.

Yeah, i did this trip a couple months ago. I arrived at Aria with 28mi range left. The bummer is that I had to drive slower tags I would've otherwise. We really need closer Spacing of SCs to LV. 155 mi from Barstow to LV is too far.

Every chance I get I suggest a SC in Primm. Here is another chance. There should be a SC in Primm. It's the perfect location with good amenities.

I came across this discussion a few minutes ago and decided to add some information some might find useful. The SC station they are building at 701 Bridger is across the street to the North of "OLD" Las Vegas High School. The oldest HS in Las Vegas. However, in recent years they have renamed it Las Vegas Academy of the Arts. This might not sound important, but most older locals will know where the "OLD" Las Vegas HS is located downtown. Another thing to remember is the SC station is about 3 blocks (a short walk) from Fremont Street Experience and lots of neat things to do while your MS is charging. True, I would be cautious in this area late at night. Daytime and early evening I would not be afraid to walk around and eat and gamble and explore. I would also suggest a good location for another supercharger would be PRIMM, NV before the climb up mountain pass traveling south. NOTE: there is a NEW Las Vegas HS but it is located near Sunrise Mountain and far from downtown.

More progress, three of the changing stands are in place and they're working on the transformers.
pe6yge9u.jpg

Exciting! Maybe they can finish in a week?

Probably not :)

How many chargers does it look like are going in? Can just see 4 or 5 spots marked in the photos.

It looks like there will be 6. Four in the area where the picture is and 2 across from them. There is only room for four in that spot. There are 6 parking spots but each charger takes about 1.5 spots.

I don't see them being done in a week but would be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla was trying to get this done in time for CES, which opens on Jan 7th. With the transformer and bollards in place, it's not out of the question.

Besides the nerd attraction factor, I'm sure there's a big intersection between the set of Tesla owners and the set of CES attendees, so there will be demand ...

I'm at the site now, just chatted with the foreman and one of his guys. They're working 7 days a week 12-13 hours a day. Not sure the completion date here, they've hit some snags. One guy told me Tesla says they plan on doing four more sites in or near Las Vegas, consistent with what a local Tesla guy told me. The configuration here is what I guessed, four spots on the north side and two across the drive aisle to the south.

rarudepe.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at the site now, just chatted with the foreman and one of his guys. They're working 7 days a week 12-13 hours a day. Not sure the completion date here, they've hit some snags. One guy told me Tesla says they plan on doing four more sites in or near Las Vegas, consistent with what a local Tesla guy told me. The configuration here is what I guessed, four spots on the north side and two across the drive aisle to the south.

rarudepe.jpg

wow. FOUR MORE Superchargers around Vegas?! Ummm...Wow.

Thanks for the updates, Darmok - sounds like they are working hard.

4 more SCs is quite remarkable - kinda goes against the model of putting SC's between destinations, but I'm not complaining. Vegas is kind of a unique case.

Thanks for the updates, Darmok - sounds like they are working hard.

4 more SCs is quite remarkable - kinda goes against the model of putting SC's between destinations, but I'm not complaining. Vegas is kind of a unique case.

They apparently view it as a destination city, so more capacity for those coming to visit. I suspect it's a ways off, but whatever they build will be quite busy on Sundays as people are headed back home. A location at Town Square seems logical, as Solar City has offices there and it's a southern location on the way toward So. Cal. with tons to do. Or possibly Primm. As a start it will be pretty cool having one only a few blocks from the office.