Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alas, I'm attending a luncheon, and the place itself has only a 120v outlet (and 10 miles of charge while we are there just isn't going to cut it). And I don't have time to spend 2 hours at an L2 to get enough to charge to make it back to Newark, DE. Just one of those things. Even borrowing someone's chademo connector to spend an hour at a chademo isn't going to go over well. Now if I had dual chargers and plugshare does show some HWPC's, an hour of that might be better...

Alas, I'm attending a luncheon, and the place itself has only a 120v outlet (and 10 miles of charge while we are there just isn't going to cut it). And I don't have time to spend 2 hours at an L2 to get enough to charge to make it back to Newark, DE. Just one of those things. Even borrowing someone's chademo connector to spend an hour at a chademo isn't going to go over well. Now if I had dual chargers and plugshare does show some HWPC's, an hour of that might be better...
30 minutes on a Chademo would get you about 70 miles of charge. That's a lot quicker than dual chargers at 80/100 amp is around 56 miles per hour. Safe travels.

View attachment 104751

Folks, I finally tracked this one down!

An application has been submitted to build an eight stall Supercharger at 14700 Baltimore Avenue in Laurel, Maryland. This is the Towne Centre at Laurel shopping center.

They will be on the ground level of the parking garage next to the Regal 12 Movie Theater. A permit will be issued when a contractor is selected.

Read my report on PlugInSites.

Lanny

Looks like it is almost ready! Not most convenient location, but with so few options in MD, I'll take it.

KCW

The CHADeMO density in the DC / Baltimore area is pretty good. I would go to where you are going and trickle charge while there. When you leave check Bethesda, if open then charge. If not, then CHAdeMO on the way up 95. Just make sure you have the activation cards for EVGO and Royal Farms. Just my $0.02. Also use the CHAdeMO at least once to understand how it all connects.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45

Depending on where your luncheon is, parking at a spot that has a destination charger could work. When I go to mtgs in DC, I usually park at The Mandarin. They have a Destination charger and will valet your car and hook it up.. Otherwise I agree with others that CHAdeMO is the way to go.

Hey, @Lanny did you happen to notice how the stalls were arranged (I forget if it was said already in the thread)?

Are they: 1A 1B 2A 2B... or 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B...?

I've rolled up to a couple Superchargers along the east coast where I had to change course when I got close enough to read the markings because I was heading to a stall I thought was one of an open pair to find that it was numbered differently than I expected.

Hey, @Lanny did you happen to notice how the stalls were arranged (I forget if it was said already in the thread)?

Are they: 1A 1B 2A 2B... or 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B...?

I've rolled up to a couple Superchargers along the east coast where I had to change course when I got close enough to read the markings because I was heading to a stall I thought was one of an open pair to find that it was numbered differently than I expected.

These are not marked yet. They seem to wait until immediately before opening to label the stalls.

The trend now seems to be to arrange them as 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B...

• Helpful
Reactions: kevinf311