Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lawrence, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lawrence-proper is far outside Tesla's demographics.

There are rumors that it will actually be placed in the Tuscan Village development across the border in Salem, NH.
This is true. Confirmed with developer. Took a photo of banner in the development in the same area of the Rockingham Park statue.
20231114_153111.jpg

I was away for 2 weeks, and basically, other than pouring the footings for the pedestals, nothing much has happened. Still no equipment on site and the concrete pour on the charger pedestal appears to be stopped.. This was supposed to be a quick substitution, but is turning out to be more drawn out than expected.

Maybe they will move the idle equipment from Lowell and install it here! :)

I hear there might be equipment delivery delays for traditional build sites (not PSU builds). Possibly related to Buffalo retooling to v3, but that's just speculation. Also once trench work and conduits are in place there are typically inspection requirements before concrete can be poured - so that might be part of it too.

It's also possible that the distance between jobs underway and number of jobs active is factoring into this, but also speculation. I know the large Canton 20 stall + solar canopy site is underway and possibly competing for contractor resources. Most of the other sites I know of for this company are in various states of 90%+ done holds (Lowell, Framingham, Lynnfield, Foxborough, Provincetown, Southington CT). With only Canton & Lawrence with significant work underway, I wouldn't be surprised if we learn of a new site beginning construction any day now...

The 4th is most likely the switchbox/site controller cabinet. v3 posts ship in cardboard boxes. So sounds like posts aren't there yet. This is a little unusual (they usually all arrive together). I wonder if it's possible Tesla could be shipping v4 posts to this project?

Reactions: kayak1