Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here a picture from this evening. Nothing much changed.

Attachments

• E6C6A7A2-A14B-4F80-BFC9-97377B0F167D.jpeg
    E6C6A7A2-A14B-4F80-BFC9-97377B0F167D.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 165
I drove by here a couple nights ago. Pulled into the parking lot, but couldn't really make much out since it was pitch black. All I can report is that a large area of the lot was still fenced off as can be seen in the recent pictures in this thread. Peaking through, I could still see large electrical equipment wrapped up as in post #116. If I had to guess, I would say there has been no progress in the last couple weeks.

Reactions: Hans217
View attachment 394174 the contractor got the trench filed in so they are not in Caltrans right of away anymore... nothing more yet...will be passing through on Monday again.

Looks like there is still some asphalt to remove (I think I see a spray-painted and cut line parallel to the highway). With luck that's far enough back to leave room for a new trench out of the right of way.

Looks like there is still some asphalt to remove (I think I see a spray-painted and cut line parallel to the highway). With luck that's far enough back to leave room for a new trench out of the right of way.
I think so. Hopefully. That is the side for the CCS, the Tesla chargers will be across from them and they already stubbed up the conduit to the planned cabinet location. They might lose 3’ in the area between each row of cars. Dunno. There’s plenty of space if they needed to move the Tesla side. Not sure what the hold up is. I would love to use this one sometime soonish

They were off by 15 feet :oops:
Capture.JPG

Prime contractor didn't layout very well, sucks for the local sub who has other jobs to get to. They managed to salvage most of the 5" conduit but smaller stuff is trashed. basically moving everything 15' away from highway. Schedule is turnover on May 20th. Contractor thought that would be tight. I'd expect very early June for turn on, hopefully at the latest.
FYI all - Autocross planned for Crescent City Fairgrounds on July 13th (first time event) Mud drag racing on June 1st...any X's !!??

Sounds fun - are you going? PS Earth Day display to happen at Eureka Natural Foods in Eureka on Saturday Apr. 27th, and at Bayside Grange on Sunday the 28th. I'll be there (in Eureka) with our X - want to show your S?
I will just be getting back from vacation, probably on the 28th up here. I doubt I could make it :(

Probably will do crescent city, supercharger <1/4 mile fron the event!!! But I need a new set of racing tires though & I really want a P3 for auto crossing, so much smaller and lighter. And ‘cheap’ too ..,. But I alas cannot afford one currently :(
Guess I’ll continue slaying FS in the S.

-auto cross this weekend out at Samoa. I can’t make it but anyone’s welcome to watch or race. Sign up/ tech ~9 racing starts at 10. I think my coworker might be there with his p85D

Last edited:
I'm going to be driving through on June 7th. Very hopeful this is operational, or I'll have to do a full charge in Ukiah to get the X+camper to my destination. Thanks for the updates and photos, @Zextraterrestrial.
There is a Chademo level 3 charger in Benbow now if you are going up that far. It would require unhitching, but it is an option at this point.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman