Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by Boomer's yesterday. There is some paving going on in the north of their parking lot. Will try to get some pictures when I drive by tomorrow. Not sure if this is Supercharger related.
Thanks for your report. The first step in Supercharger construction would be ripping up paving and digging trenches. So if you saw new paving going down and no signs of Supercharger pedestals or large crates present than it seems unlikely that Supercharger construction has started. But I look forward to a followup report tomorrow. :)

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
iTzYSXt

This is pretty much it, no Supercharger hardware to be seen, just a Hertz container on the lot as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I scrolled through all 17 pages of that PDF and searched it using multiple words and phrases. Can’t find anything that looks like a permit for a Supercharger. What did I miss?

Searching for "tesla" finds permit BU_2017-1152 for "NEW TESLA CAR CHARGING STATIONS" with a valuation of $140,000.
Address is 45020 NO HWY 101, LAYTONVILLE

Searching for "tesla" finds permit BU_2017-1152 for "NEW TESLA CAR CHARGING STATIONS" with a valuation of $140,000.
Address is 45020 NO HWY 101, LAYTONVILLE
Thank you. Apparently the search function in the iOS version of Firefox is non-functional. Opened that PDF in iOS Safari and the search function worked correctly, I could find that permit listing on page 6 of the PDF.

And as you know, that address is for Boomers. So it will be in that parking lot somewhere. Yay! Thread title updated.

It should be coming sometime soon, I heard that caltrans looked at it for traffic & environmental impacts, which there are neither of( or at least very negligible impacts)
I will be passing through there pretty often but there are so many 3’s running up and down 101 I’m sure if any Tesla items pop up someone’s bound to post ‘here’

I drove through Laytonville on Sunday. The north end of Boomers parking lot still had an area that was flat but without pavement, as seen on the left edge of silasoverturf's previous photo. There was a truck and flatbed trailer there, and I think the portable fencing also seen in his photo was stacked on the trailer. No other equipment that I saw.

They could also have scrapped it for the 2018 season and be waiting for spring. I'm not sure about the specifics of Laytonville weather, but Eureka definitely more has more of a Pacific Northwest weather pattern with steady rain throughout the winter. Ukiah has more of the California feel (more rain in the winter, but not steady like the Northwest). Laytonville is somewhere near the border of those climates. Nov/Dec/Jan is a crappy time of year to build in the Northwestern climate.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff
@ProphetM thanks for your report. So you are saying that the area of the parking lot shown in the photo posted by @silasoverturf is still bare dirt (when I passed through last August it was all paved) but the chain link fencing in his photo has been taken down and stacked on the trailer?

Maybe construction will get started soon. Or maybe not...

Yes, basically the same as his photo. It was rainy when we were driving through last weekend, and also the weekend before. PLUS EV may be right that now they have to wait due to weather. The truck & trailer may not have been related at all and was just someone going to Boomers who parked somewhere out of the way.

it does get colder in Laytonville but there is really not a time that you can't work, maybe a week or two here or there. I think the area by Boomers drains pretty well so it won't be a mess if it rains a ton.
It was raining today but the contractor has put up a fence and already started some grading. I assume this is the supercharger construction.
Hooven is the contractor, I’ve heard good things about them...soon, yay!

Attachments

• 142621A0-C178-4D3A-9EBA-193B7DC916C0.jpeg
    142621A0-C178-4D3A-9EBA-193B7DC916C0.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20AC70F0-9A23-40B2-A2ED-384FA00D4789.jpeg
    20AC70F0-9A23-40B2-A2ED-384FA00D4789.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 85
fences blew over...
I'd guess ~2 weeks maybe ... <2 months most likely
kind of wondering what the layout is going to be like? there is conduit at 3 spots but it is not that large. 2" I think, pretty sure you can see all 4 stubs in the bottom photo
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG

Capture.JPG

I will be headed back and forth to the bay area again next weekish to check ... need to trade the 75D loaner back for my p85 /...impressively different car, they really have come a long way in the last couple of years. other D loaners did not feel nearly as solid

Last edited:
I'm guessing single conduits spread around like that are only suitable for lighting, not charging stations.
that was my thought. we were looking at wiring charts this morning and came up with 3" for SC pedestals. not sure if that's correct, Don't remember exactly what I have seen during constructions of these.

I was wondering If they would be putting some sort of trailer parking/ pull through + back ins. If they were putting pull through I would have thought that would have been laid out with the paving. with the saw cuts it looks like it will be just back in

Reactions: JimVandegriff