Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was Tesla on site?
Dominion come and go?
Any lights on destination chargers to see? I've never used a destination charger to know.
Forgot my water at home so had to go buy some lol, stopped by again just now, no sign of Tesla either time so far. Maybe they were here earlier since the coverings are off.

So from my understanding these are the Urban Superchargers, whereas the destination chargers are essentially wall chargers. Doesn’t appear to be any lights on the tombstones that I can tell, T logos look like paint to me so don’t think they light up. For what it’s worth the charge port also doesn’t respond to the button on the plugs either.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Haha the irony. Literally as I posted that, a guy working for the management pulled up into one of the spots to tinker with some stuff. He said that dominion should be coming by soon today to turn the juice on & that Tesla would be here on Monday to install & program the control chips. If all goes accordingly, chargers will be live on Monday. (Knock on wood)

This will be nice. Even with summer temperatures, I seem to get poor enough range that I sometimes have trouble getting back to Haymarket without a bit of charge. A couple of weeks ago I spent half an hour at the Best Western getting enough to not be arriving in Haymarket with 2-3% left. I tried walking to a dollar store but didn't find anything.

They will have superchargers in Frederick soon, but "soon" may not be until mid winter as this charger is showing. So this will be a better solution for a quick bump. 5 minutes will work fine. I'll spend more time driving out of my way than I will charging. This charger will give me a chance to hit the Wegman's so I might not stop at Haymarket at all even though this charger will be slower.
Aren't there chargers, including a Chademo at the leesburg outlets?

There are L2 chargers which aren't as fast as the Tesla destination charger. I don't have the Chademo adapter and if I did it likely wouldn't work. I've tried using two and neither one works with my car. I may report this to the service center, but I don't know how they can test it.

Even if I had the adapter and it worked, the Chademo charger runs at less than half the speed of a supercharger, 50 kW vs. 135 kW.

I figured that was you. What’s up with the disappearance and the name change?

C84D6B6F-4A53-4A11-B783-7854441C1A58.jpeg
58F8ADCE-AF86-4B6E-A8E5-5BF8C4B6769D.jpeg
Guys this thing Is on. Transformers are humming away downstairs and upstairs. The SC cabinets are quiet thought so I would assume Tesla has to come out and turn on the cabinets

Off to Fredrick

Guys this thing Is on. Transformers are humming away downstairs and upstairs. The SC cabinets are quiet thought so I would assume Tesla has to come out and turn on the cabinets

Thanks, was going to check for actual power when I got over there this afternoon. Sounds like it's still Monday for them to finish up and turn them on. Doesn't mean I won't give another try on the plugs later today!

Reactions: Thinkje
It’s 6pm, Friday July 19 and i’m here at the Leesburg Supercharger. Happy to report that it’s open for business. Charge away!!!
Yay!

Given that some people earlier today weren't able to get a charge, it's probably worthwhile to note that whether charging works or not might still be station dependent (i.e. some charging posts may work, some may not).

I charged at stall 1B and initially got a blue charging ring for about a minute. Didn’t think it was going to charge, but then it changed to green and I added 40 miles of range before heading home. But there is definitely power coursing through those rubber hoses!

Attachments

• 3DD585F7-FDA3-4C65-8A1A-44C46D577B81.jpeg
    3DD585F7-FDA3-4C65-8A1A-44C46D577B81.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq