Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE - West O Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since that hasn't been announced yet, it is pure speculation what the per kW price will be, if even it is more.
It looks like the non-Tesla rate will be $0.10/kWh more than the specified Tesla rate for that site at that time. But, users can pay a monthly fee of $12.99/month to get the Tesla rate. This is not officially documented yet (that I have found), but this info comes from someone that has used a Magic Dock to charge their non-Tesla (as of earlier today).
i assume the official statement will be made at Investor Day on Wednesday.

It looks like the non-Tesla rate will be $0.10/kWh more than the specified Tesla rate for that site at that time. But, users can pay a monthly fee of $12.99/month to get the Tesla rate. This is not officially documented yet (that I have found), but this info comes from someone that has used a Magic Dock to charge their non-Tesla (as of earlier today).
i assume the official statement will be made at Investor Day on Wednesday.

From looking at some of the videos, the 10 cents looks legit ( I could see it more in higher traffic areas). So the question will be to non Teslas is " do you want to pay less and go to an EA hoping it works or pay 10-15 cents ( give or take) more to go to something that is definitely reliable.

From @branden

1677689798892.png

Anybody been by recently to see if anything has changed? I will be heading that direction next week and I had hoped it would be open by now.

I drove through Lincoln last Tuesday (2/28) and, while I didn't stop by this specific location, it wasn't showing up yet in the Tesla Nav as being open.

I stopped at the other Lincoln Supercharger (150KW) at the Hy-vee grocery store instead, which is kinda far off of I-80 compared to most of the other Superchargers along I-80 from Chicago to the I-76 junction by the Colorado border. Is this one less out of the way for "corridor charging" purposes?

I drove through Lincoln last Tuesday (2/28) and, while I didn't stop by this specific location, it wasn't showing up yet in the Tesla Nav as being open.

I stopped at the other Lincoln Supercharger (150KW) at the Hy-vee grocery store instead, which is kinda far off of I-80 compared to most of the other Superchargers along I-80 from Chicago to the I-76 junction by the Colorado border. Is this one less out of the way for "corridor charging" purposes?
1678217384290.png

This new location is much closer to I-80.

This new location is much closer to I-80.
It isn't if you are coming from the West or departing to the West due to the way Highway 77 is structured there. The existing 27th street supercharger is roughly 2 miles off I-80.

The map is misleading a bit because, coming from the West to this new one you need to get off on exit 395 (West or left of your map) and drive about 3.5 miles on West O St. Same in reverse for departing to the West. Coming from the East it is about a 2 mile drive. Departing to the East it is just under a 2 mile drive.

Last edited:
It isn't if you are coming from the West or departing to the West due to the way Highway 77 is structured there. The existing 27th street supercharger is roughly 2 miles off I-80.

The map is misleading a bit because, coming from the West to this new one you need to get off on exit 395 (West or left of your map) and drive about 3.5 miles on West O St. Same in reverse for departing to the West. Coming from the East it is about a 2 mile drive. Departing to the East it is just under a 2 mile drive.
Yep.
The current supercharger location is right about 2.0 miles from I-80 (east or west). The new location is right about 1.9 miles from I-80 (to/from the east), worse to/from the west (as noted above).
So, the new site is really no improvement in off-the-freeway distance, but V3 charging speeds is always a bonus, and especially not worrying about power splitting. However, the old site is at a decent Hy-Vee, with good food choices like pizza and Asia. So, if you have a little extra time, the old site really isn’t bad (unless you are a huge Runza fan), and is only 3-4 minutes off the freeway.

Yep.
The current supercharger location is right about 2.0 miles from I-80 (east or west). The new location is right about 1.9 miles from I-80 (to/from the east), worse to/from the west (as noted above).
So, the new site is really no improvement in off-the-freeway distance, but V3 charging speeds is always a bonus, and especially not worrying about power splitting. However, the old site is at a decent Hy-Vee, with good food choices like pizza and Asia. So, if you have a little extra time, the old site really isn’t bad (unless you are a huge Runza fan), and is only 3-4 minutes off the freeway.
Yeah, I didn't check out any of the food options there, but the bathroom at the Hy-Vee was nice and clean.

This new location will be more convenient for the people who use Nebraska 2 to go from I-80 to I-29.
Yeah the Highway 2 I-29 to I-80 traffic is pretty much why this supercharger is where it is, especially with the newly opened Southern highway 2 bypass of Lincoln. Like I said above aside from being a V3 vs the exiting V2 it isn't as or anymore convenient for I-80 East/West transient traffic.