Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This problem is really hard to pin down. The car almost) always starts a high rate and then after people leave the car it drops. So most people don't notice it. They see the high peak rate at the beginning and think all is fine.

The charge rate drops down as the battery fills up under perfect conditions so again it is difficult to know what charge rate is normal at what battery level. It is different for every battery pack type and as we know also depends on the age and usage of the battery pack. And of course pairing of stalls confuses new owners. All this makes it very difficult to make a statement if a Supercharger is slow or if it's normal based on all the factors mentioned.
It isn't hard to pin down for me. I was with a new S100D, had a low state of charge, stayed with my car and tried all 4 cabinets. All of them peaked at a normal charge rate and then crashed within 5 minutes. There were no other cars at the supercharger.

In the end, I got enough to make it to Grand Island and just moved on. Fortunately I only needed about 40-50% to be confident I could make it there.

• Helpful
Reactions: kelly and David99
It isn't hard to pin down for me. I was with a new S100D, had a low state of charge, stayed with my car and tried all 4 cabinets. All of them peaked at a normal charge rate and then crashed within 5 minutes. There were no other cars at the supercharger.

In the end, I got enough to make it to Grand Island and just moved on. Fortunately I only needed about 40-50% to be confident I could make it there.

Yeah that makes sense!

Sorry for the not-quite-right forum but anyone have insight into L2 charging at the garages in downtown Lincoln? I'm looking to grab some juice while in town for the football game Sat and won't be near the north side where the Supercharger is. I will drive up there if need be but just thought I'd ask.

Sorry for the not-quite-right forum but anyone have insight into L2 charging at the garages in downtown Lincoln? I'm looking to grab some juice while in town for the football game Sat and won't be near the north side where the Supercharger is. I will drive up there if need be but just thought I'd ask.

Green 2 in the Railyard and Center Park on 11th and N, both have two J-1772's. You can get a garage pass early at http://parkandgo.org under the special events tab. You might call and see if they can put a reserved cone so you don't get iced.

Reactions: LonestarV