Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mackinaw City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Charge on other side" says it all. Not sure why the lengthy discussion.

Lengthy discussion resulted from someone either not seeing or ignoring the signage (unless the signage was installed between then and yesterday), parking on the wrong side, being taken to task for parking in a “no parking without paying zone”, being offended and then publicly criticizing the ferry company when it tried to enforce the rules and then refusing to accept that the mistake was made by that someone, and nobody else.

Exhausting - yep!

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I am aware of that.

I do not believe Mackinaw City is one of those locations. Please let the original poster respond.

(Man, this thread is exhausting lol)
OP here. See the pictures posted earlier in this thread. There are two businesses on either side of these superchargers. The ferry side required payment, the hotel parking side is free access.

You won't notice this nuance until you enter the ferry side and see up close the tiny signs posted and or get approached by the attendant.

Yet, the Tesla website clearly states the supercharger is located on Ferry property.

I posted to get clarity on this discrepancy.

The final answer that satisfied me and was not apparent based on the painted lot lines is that GIS data shows the whole lot being owned by the ferry. The hotel doesn't own any of the parking.

And yes, I do see an issue if businesses arbitrarily start charging access to Tesla superchargers. Fortunately that is not the case at this location. But I'm sure that's going to be another long exhausting discussion.

... But I'm sure that's going to be another long exhausting discussion.
Shouldn't be, at least in this post. Obvious via signs which side to park on.

Some SuCs are located in places that require a parking fee, but if you park on the correct side here that shouldn't be the case, nor should there be any hassles. Hope to use it later this fall when we head up there.

OP here. See the pictures posted earlier in this thread. There are two businesses on either side of these superchargers. The ferry side required payment, the hotel parking side is free access.

You won't notice this nuance until you enter the ferry side and see up close the tiny signs posted and or get approached by the attendant.

Yet, the Tesla website clearly states the supercharger is located on Ferry property.

I posted to get clarity on this discrepancy.

The final answer that satisfied me and was not apparent based on the painted lot lines is that GIS data shows the whole lot being owned by the ferry. The hotel doesn't own any of the parking.

And yes, I do see an issue if businesses arbitrarily start charging access to Tesla superchargers. Fortunately that is not the case at this location. But I'm sure that's going to be another long exhausting discussion.
So you're consulting to the Tesla website and GIS data to determine parking fees and where to park? Rather than you know, parking where the signs and onsite employees tell you to park? Strange methodology!

No one is charging anyone to use the supercharger. They are simply asking that you park on the side of the supercharger where the signs tell you to park. Which side to park on was confusing to some. They fixed that by adding more signage. You all need to stop being so aggrieved.

So you're consulting to the Tesla website and GIS data to determine parking fees and where to park? Rather than you know, parking where the signs and onsite employees tell you to park? Strange methodology!

No one is charging anyone to use the supercharger. They are simply asking that you park on the side of the supercharger where the signs tell you to park. Which side to park on was confusing to some. They fixed that by adding more signage. You all need to stop being so aggrieved.
Thanks for your input.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Mackinaw City, MI is not shown on supercharge.info
as supporting 'other evs' but it has the Magic Dock now.
1695746612836.png

Looks like it's been updated

Gets busy in the Summer time. Can't wait to see what it looks like this July !!

On a side note. Could this be the first Supercharging location built in a city with a population less then 1000 people that needs to be enlarged ??????

Gets busy in the Summer time. Can't wait to see what it looks like this July !!

On a side note. Could this be the first Supercharging location built in a city with a population less then 1000 people that needs to be enlarged ??????
No. Probably lots of those out west. Baker, CA is one example. Quartzsite, AZ lists a population over 1,000 but I'm not sure how.