Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mariposa, CA (LIVE 12 May 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Tesla's recent map update, Mariposa is now listed as 2022; Merced is Q2 2021; and El Portal as Q4 2021. So, fingers crossed there will be a SuperCharger along CA-140 this year (hopefully before the snowy season).
Mariposa has disappeared off Tesla's map, so apparently they've given up. Not surprising, given the limited flat parking available in that valley. However, Merced is open, and El Portal is now listed as Q3 2021, so there's still hope for CA-140 into Yosemite before snow.

A sharp-eyed friend and fellow Tesla driver who lives off-grid just noticed a bunch of Tesla equipment behind a fence and under a recent solar installation at the Pioneer Market in the town of Mariposa. He thought they were Superchargers, but when I looked at them, I thought they might be battery backup for the market. So, today my friend asked an electrician there and he confirmed, 12 Superchargers to be activated by winter! And maybe we will also have the long awaited Superchargers in El Portal by then. At least they show up on the Tesla Supercharger map for Q42022. The ones at the market do not and therefore, are a very pleasant surprise if true!

Attachments

• IMG_3928.png
    IMG_3928.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 269
Nice sighting!

I speculate that the new Mariposa Supercharger location is instead of El Portal, and sometime in the future the Tesla Supercharger map will get updated.

With the existing locations at Groveland, Oakhurst, and Fish Camp, and Mariposa now confirmed, I think all Tesla needs to do for supporting Yosemite trips is to get a location at Lee Vining. But it’s not on the map. :(

Reactions: SR-75 and McManX
A sharp-eyed friend and fellow Tesla driver who lives off-grid just noticed a bunch of Tesla equipment behind a fence and under a recent solar installation at the Pioneer Market in the town of Mariposa. He thought they were Superchargers, but when I looked at them, I thought they might be battery backup for the market. So, today my friend asked an electrician there and he confirmed, 12 Superchargers to be activated by winter! And maybe we will also have the long awaited Superchargers in El Portal by then. At least they show up on the Tesla Supercharger map for Q42022. The ones at the market do not and therefore, are a very pleasant surprise if true!
These are worthy of a title change and a supercharge.info pin, right @bmah @Chuq @Big Earl ?

Reactions: bmah and Chuq
Definitely! I placed the pin location based on the photos showing a gap between two separate solar canopies, so I assumed it was the western end of the site.
The solar panels are on the north west side of the property. Great location as it is near not only Pioneer Market, but also the history center complex with public bathrooms and a block from the main drag (49 and 140) where there are good restaurants and shopping.

Reactions: SR-75
Nice sighting!

I speculate that the new Mariposa Supercharger location is instead of El Portal, and sometime in the future the Tesla Supercharger map will get updated.

With the existing locations at Groveland, Oakhurst, and Fish Camp, and Mariposa now confirmed, I think all Tesla needs to do for supporting Yosemite trips is to get a location at Lee Vining. But it’s not on the map. :(
You may be right about El Portal but I do know that the manager of one of the motels in El Portal was serious about having a Supercharger there. Don't know why it has been delayed, but the new sighting in town is a much better location for many reasons. Ideally we will have both, or at least one, on the All Weather highway into Yosemite before winter!

Reactions: SR-75
I just talked with my sharp-eyed friend and he had just checked with the Building Department and indeed, the permit is for SUPERCHARGERS!

Awesome
The Mariposa Supercharger (at the Pioneer Market) now shows on the Tesla Find Us map as Q4 2022 and El Portal is still there, now showing Q3 2022. Maybe we get both, and with Merced, 140 the All Weather Highway into Yosemite along the Merced Wild and Scenic River will finally be well served!

awesome!

pls keep us posted when it’s up. Also any news on El Portal.

TIA!

Reactions: samn and shs1