Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marlton, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, yup. Still no transformer and electrical meter. Once both are installed we could be getting close.

Transformer and meter are in. Yellow tape is down but still no juice.

Attachments

• 0AA1424D-E4DE-4334-80F8-65492FCDC04E.jpeg
    0AA1424D-E4DE-4334-80F8-65492FCDC04E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Not working as of today. I have never used a super charger before so it caught me off guard. I thought I was doing something wrong, but just not no power.
If the site isn't showing up in your in-car navigation as an operational supercharger, that should put you on your guard. It's not a total guarantee that a site won't be working, but it's a pretty safe bet. Usually it takes Tesla less than a week once a site goes operational to then be updated in the nav to show it is working. And for this style of charging station, the quick and easy way to check whether it has power is just to look at the "TESLA" at the top. It should be illuminated red if the station is on. For the urban-style superchargers, which have smaller posts, there isn't really a good way to tell from just looking at it.

Other places to check to see if a location is working even if it isn't yet showing up in the car's nav or on Tesla's web map is in the appropriate thread on this forum or on Supercharge.info.

20190420_112118_HDR.jpg
20190420_112150.jpg
Stopped by today. Still no power. Good news is we are already getting ICED!! I will add though, most of the signs say open to park for all vehicles. Theres a couple spots that say tesla only

Last edited:
I’m out the area so can’t check if they turned em on yet but hopefully soon. When I was there they looked the same as V2 chargers...? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Edit: I also don’t like that they explicitly state by sign open for all vehicles (most spots)... that has to change after they open this. I implore everyone to call the front desk and tell them they should ALL be Tesla only. Politely but aggressive. I’m waiting till they turn them on to mention it to them. It’s 10 spots.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
I’m out the area so can’t check if they turned em on yet but hopefully soon. When I was there they looked the same as V2 chargers...? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Edit: I also don’t like that they explicitly state by sign open for all vehicles (most spots)... that has to change after they open this. I implore everyone to call the front desk and tell them they should ALL be Tesla only. Politely but aggressive. I’m waiting till they turn them on to mention it to them. It’s 10 spots.
Yes, they're V2 superchargers.

The signage is the signage. I'm sure Tesla already got as much as they could within the constraints of the local zoning rules for parking requirements at commercial properties and what this specific property owner was willing to agree to in the lease negotiations. So I doubt you'll get much traction with your petitioning, but knock yourself out. As a ray of hope, if the location gets heavy use, the leases sometimes include language to increase the proportion of stalls reserved for charging only if the site hits some threshold. I.e. if the monthly number of charging sessions is over X for like 3 consecutive months, then Tesla gets to change some more signs to the reserved-for-charging-only type. Or they get to add more stalls.

I would agree with that. There are 12 stalls here, and I don't think it's going to be very busy.

I talked to the security guard that other day, and he said those cars were employees. Once the site is live, and especially if the use is heavy, he expects that employees will park in different spots. There is plenty of parking back there. I wouldn't worry about this.

He said that PSE&G was waiting on permits. Not sure what that really means but I would guess it will get turned on within a few weeks at the outside.

I would agree with that. There are 12 stalls here, and I don't think it's going to be very busy.

I talked to the security guard that other day, and he said those cars were employees. Once the site is live, and especially if the use is heavy, he expects that employees will park in different spots. There is plenty of parking back there. I wouldn't worry about this.

He said that PSE&G was waiting on permits. Not sure what that really means but I would guess it will get turned on within a few weeks at the outside.
Thanks!!