Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McComb, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Now I-55 needs something in West Memphis, TN to avoid the 30 minute diversion there.
Tesla's findus map indicates a planned Blytheville, AR Supercharger, but that's over 160 miles from Grenada, MS, so they'd need something else south of Memphis, TN.
Arkansas is still a charging desert. I-40 desperately needs chargers. I know people who can't consider a Tesla until there is one in Clarksville or Ft. Smith.

I was just there. For some reason Tesla's navigation shows only four stalls but there is actually eight stalls. very interesting crowd there in the 20 minutes I was there I had four people approached me ask me questions about what it is. one couple had never heard of Tesla before. One old lady asked me if it was some kind of a medical device.

I’m at this Supercharger now and every stall I’ve tried is only giving me around 66-73 kW with a SOC of 25%. Anyone else have any problems here recently?
Did you precondition the battery by navigating to the supercharger well in advance? This is a 150 kW max site anyways so not preconditioning could be the problem.

Perhaps a dumb question as you don’t appear to be a newbie but just ruling that possibility out here 🙂

Reactions: PStewart
Dud you precondition the battery by navigating to the supercharger well in advance? This is a 150 kW max site anyways so not preconditioning could be the problem.

Perhaps a dumb question as you don’t appear to be a newbie but just ruling that possibility out here 🙂
Yes, I did have the supercharger in the Nav however it didn’t ever say it was pre-conditioning. This is the 5th SC I’ve been to today and all the others worked fine but I’m wondering if it’s my car.