Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medford, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work has resumed

Attachments

• 7848F509-81C4-41A0-88EA-F7C7E6D4E134.jpeg
    7848F509-81C4-41A0-88EA-F7C7E6D4E134.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 24473D93-9725-4429-86E3-811F21EAB8E9.jpeg
    24473D93-9725-4429-86E3-811F21EAB8E9.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 96
Yes, I do think the goal is to have all these new superchargers up and running by the holiday season and ensuing holiday travel bonanza!
But there's a pandemic... (**sigh** /me retreats back to hermetically sealed bubble...). Something similar happened last year. A ton of new SCs opened in the weeks prior to Thanksgiving. There definitely seemed like extra pressure on the SC department to wrap up as many stations as possible before the busiest travel period of the year. (And thereby minimize bad press.)

But there's a pandemic... (**sigh** /me retreats back to hermetically sealed bubble...). Something similar happened last year. A ton of new SCs opened in the weeks prior to Thanksgiving. There definitely seemed like extra pressure on the SC department to wrap up as many stations as possible before the busiest travel period of the year. (And thereby minimize bad press.)
And yet all the public saw was the video of the long lines at the Kettleman City Supercharger that stretched on and on and on...

Clearly, the solution is for Tesla to stop manufacturing cars until the SuperCharger network catches up.

You joke, but I honestly wonder if the $25k car will even have supercharger access. Like, maybe it'll just be j1772 and ccs to prevent overwhelming the SC network? If it's a true commuter car the charger in the owner's garage will be the only important one.

It does make you wonder if the ‘$25k’ car will have over 200 miles of range that would ‘encourage’ road trips (since they would not come out with a Model Y with less than 250). Assuming it will have a pretty short wheelbase I don’t think you would really want to take it on a drive I5 to CA. My wife loves her Chevy Bolt and if we are going downtown we take it every time over my Model S (360° camera, shorter-much sharper turning radius, etc.). But with the shortness it does have a lot of chop on the freeway. It’s nice she can make it down to Corvallis and back without charging in the Bolt but it’s a much nicer trip in the model S. While on the subject, what ever happened to Elon taking about limiting superchargers to road trippers and discouraging locals from using them. I admit I have gotten very annoyed waiting for a spot in Grants Pass and there were three cars charging with local high school/business stickers. That’s why, even though I have free supercharging I will try to never use our local one. I do realize apartment dwellers do have a good reason.

What ever happened to Elon taking about limiting superchargers to road trippers and discouraging locals from using them. I admit I have gotten very annoyed waiting for a spot in Grants Pass and there were three cars charging with local high school/business stickers. That’s why, even though I have free supercharging I will try to never use our local one. I do realize apartment dwellers do have a good reason.
That supercharger initiative pretty much went out the window when they introduced the urban superchargers in 2017 or whenever that was.

Also, they have apartments in Grants Pass too.

Reactions: Rocky_H and Janus