Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by yesterday and noticed that a goodly section to the right (east) of the park and ride lot was fenced off by a construction crew. They had poured a concrete pad and trenched along the back of the lot. There was gravel in the trench and numerous, PVC electrical conduits coming up out of the ground near the concrete pad. I didn't take any pictures because the construction guys looked at me funny as I watched them. I suppose I could have asked what they were making, but, well, I was too shy, lol. I didn't see any Tesla-specific equipment and the whole lot is still somewhat rough, so I can't definitively say this is the beginning of construction. I'm traveling between Boston and Houlton again this weekend and perhaps I'll stop in, but given the location of the trenching along the back perimeter of the lot and next to the park and ride area, along with obvious underground electrical work, I'd bet this is the Supercharger. I'm just not sure enough of it to suggest the status be updated to CONSTRUCTION at Supercharger.info.

Have a great weekend all.

There seems to be a lot of Irving charger construction activity, so that's why they're confident enough to update it.
There also seems to be something of a delay on seeing Tesla equipment at the New Brunswick locations under construction, so it's not too surprising that it would affect Maine as well.

If you could get a photo of construction so far this weekend that would be appreciated.

If you're a regular visitor to the Houlton, ME area (Farmer? Potatoes? Eating? Starch?) Medway would obviously be very useful for you.

Thank you for stopping by and letting us know!

Last edited:
Medway, ME

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95
To: Houlton, ME (End) - 60.7 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Woodstock, NB (Construction) (I-95, TCH-2) - 71.8 miles

To: Lincoln, NB (I-95, TCH-2) - 137.4 miles

To: Baileyville, ME (ME-157, US-2, ME-168, ME-6, US-1) 82.5 miles

Will complete Northern I-95 and the provide a Northern route to New Brunswick.
Also, close to Baxter State Park and Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.

7C61E946-A1F7-4008-85AF-7969D3CBAF0F.jpeg
ACAA1AD8-6226-4F57-8D78-48CFDAC98BE7.jpeg

Srove by Medway today. Not much progress from these photos, lousy week to work outside in Maine anyway. After the proposed meet up when this SC opens and to see the National Monument a drive over to Riverdrivers Restaurant at the New England Outdoor Center on the shores of Millinocket Lake would be a great end to the day. Trying to think ahead.

Reactions: ArcticStation
I get the sense that the currently under construction sites in Maine and eastern Canada are all getting prepped for a shipment of charger cabinets (V3 from NY giga). Even after they are all delivered and installed there will be a wait for connection. I’m guessing about another month before we can be charging and scoping out the rally route.

Reactions: Jerk
I get the sense that the currently under construction sites in Maine and eastern Canada are all getting prepped for a shipment of charger cabinets (V3 from NY giga). Even after they are all delivered and installed there will be a wait for connection. I’m guessing about another month before we can be charging and scoping out the rally route.
i like your optimism.

I doubt it. V3 is supposed to start rolling out in 2020, if I remember correctly.

I have a question with the maps and nav in the tesla in that area because any time I have driven north of Old Town I am not connected with my phones, I have purchased a hotspot that uses verizon to get data in the Medway area. Does tesla have data in the medway area?

I have a question with the maps and nav in the tesla in that area because any time I have driven north of Old Town I am not connected with my phones, I have purchased a hotspot that uses verizon to get data in the Medway area. Does tesla have data in the medway area?
Limited. Tesla uses ATT as do we, and coverage north of Old Town is often problematic.