Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The utilities run their own schedule and can be unpredictable. They may have sent workers to Florida and the southeast for hurricane recovery, and that would have put their local projects behind schedule. Heck, they might have needed this transformer to replace another that got wrecked by the disaster. It's impossible to say. Patience, patience, patience.

Stopped by yesterday, no progress from the MLGW utility side. Meter housing is still empty and the conduit still terminates right before the sidewalk. Just checked the last weeks worth of permit pulls and no approved electrical meter permits for the Ridgeway/Park area.

Stopped by again. Darn cell network too slow to upload photos so you will have to wait for photos.

No crew working today. No transformer, meter, or transformer pad. Only change is trench dug to pole, conduit placed. Wires not pulled thru conduit.

Attachments

• IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    900.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3304.JPG
    IMG_3304.JPG
    755 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3303.JPG
    IMG_3303.JPG
    839.5 KB · Views: 64
Stopped by again. Darn cell network too slow to upload photos so you will have to wait for photos.

No crew working today. No transformer, meter, or transformer pad. Only change is trench dug to pole, conduit placed. Wires not pulled thru conduit.

Thanks CSFTN the more information we get the better. I live near Houston and want to use the charger to visit my family in Michigan for Thanksgiving. If it is not ready I will have to go another way... Keep up the reports...

Thanks CSFTN the more information we get the better. I live near Houston and want to use the charger to visit my family in Michigan for Thanksgiving. If it is not ready I will have to go another way... Keep up the reports...
We're looking to use the Memphis charger to enable a visit with relatives for Thanksgiving, also...so fingers crossed that this one will be completed within the next 17 days...

Thanks to those of you stopping by and sharing the latest intel...keep those updates comin'!

Hi Guys,

This is literally my first post here, but I've been specifically following this thread for a while now... The completion of this charger is going to determine if my "extended" test drive will be full of charging or driving. I'll have a Model S from December 23rd until the 26th, and I'm driving the car from Nashville to Jackson, Mississippi to visit some family and friends at home.

From what I know and can tell, a P90D should make it from Nashville to Memphis in a single charge, and then from there to Pearl, Mississippi. Failing this charger being done, I'll be going through Birmingham to stop at a L2 charger there, and then limp to Meridian, Mississippi to top off the car and get all the way to Jackson.

My question is this: From the time that the meter is installed and power is supplied to the Supercharger, is there typically much of a lag time to the date of it opening, or has Tesla already done all of their work at this point? I'm obviously new to the world of Tesla (as far as being directly involved with it), but I'm making a great effort to get up to speed on things as quickly as possible, as I plan to buy a Model S within the next year.

I apologize if i'm hijacking the thread... Just really excited that this Supercharger may be done in time for me to take my test drive. :)

Hi Guys,

This is literally my first post here, but I've been specifically following this thread for a while now... The completion of this charger is going to determine if my "extended" test drive will be full of charging or driving. I'll have a Model S from December 23rd until the 26th, and I'm driving the car from Nashville to Jackson, Mississippi to visit some family and friends at home.

From what I know and can tell, a P90D should make it from Nashville to Memphis in a single charge, and then from there to Pearl, Mississippi. Failing this charger being done, I'll be going through Birmingham to stop at a L2 charger there, and then limp to Meridian, Mississippi to top off the car and get all the way to Jackson.

My question is this: From the time that the meter is installed and power is supplied to the Supercharger, is there typically much of a lag time to the date of it opening, or has Tesla already done all of their work at this point? I'm obviously new to the world of Tesla (as far as being directly involved with it), but I'm making a great effort to get up to speed on things as quickly as possible, as I plan to buy a Model S within the next year.

I apologize if i'm hijacking the thread... Just really excited that this Supercharger may be done in time for me to take my test drive. :)

I live about a mile from the imminent Memphis Supercharger, and have made the legs to and from Nashville and Pearl more than once in an 85D. Meridian to Pearl is a short leg.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
Hi Guys,

There are many variables, but USUALLY it is a matter of days to weeks after install of everything (like is here, except meter) to done and usable. So, unless lightning strikes, you should be virtually guaranteed this will be up and running long before December 23 2016. I'd wager it will be up and running within 1 week.

Hi Guys,

Your planned trip should be fine range wise barring any extreme weather conditions (extreme cold or compact snow on the roadway), but it is tight enough that you should be careful at the beginning of each leg to be safe, especially since you aren't familiar with the car. Turn on range mode, don't go too crazy with climate control and drive the speed limit. Keep an eye on the rate of rated miles vs. actual miles and be sure you are on pace. If it's looking tight at any point, slow down. You will probably be fine and then during the 2nd half of the leg, you can speed up, turn up the heat, or test out the acceleration as you please.

Lastly, it's kind of obvious, but if you ever are in a situation where you're close to 0 rated miles when you get to the supercharger, be sure not to miss the exit! Best way to ensure that this doesn't happen is to turn on the nav and be sure the volume is turned up.