TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger- Merrillville, IN

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Mweida, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Mweida

Mweida Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Under construction Pictures by
    Georgi Banchev Indiana Tesla Owners Group.

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 4
  2. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

10 stalls. Seems nearly ready, at least structurally.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  3. BlueStu

BlueStu Member

Is there a meter on the transformer? The only other thing it is missing is stall numbers Tesla installs during commissioning.

4. cassini83

cassini83 Member

I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 in Highland Park tomorrow. I'll check if the meter has been installed on my way back.

• Like x 1
  5. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

A Tesla tech was testing (and hopefully commissioning) the new location in Cincinnati yesterday (Thursday). Hopefully the same guy is heading up to this one today!

6. cassini83

cassini83 Member

Stopped by today. The 2 guys in the picture were doing what looked like some landscaping work. The meter socket is empty unfortunately. The model 3 drives like a dream! Can't wait to take it for a mini road trip on Sunday.

Attached Files:

• TM.jpg
      TM.jpg
      File size:
      378.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Any updates on this one? It would certainly make my trip to Chicago next week a little bit easier.

8. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

I was just by there last night and it appears to be good to go. No cones, no fences, no construction. I don't have a Tesla, so I can't CONFIRM, but it looked ready. You might be able to call Meijer and ask, or it may be live in your map system on your car.

9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Were the stalls numbered at the bottom? Were the red Tesla logos lit up? The latter is a giveaway that the juice is flowing. Did you take any pics?

10. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

I didn't notice and/or look for numbers. I feel like the logo was lit up, but I wasn't looking for it. I'll stop by again soon and check.

11. Rifleman

I stopped by this location today on my way to Chicago. The station looks complete, but the chargers are not powered up yet. I charged at country club hills, and made it to my desination without issue. Hopefully this one lights up tomorrow, as on my return trip I need to go to Lima Ohio, and it is a bit of a stretch for a classic 60 to get between country club hills and ft. wayne. This one would get me a bit closer to ft. wanye, and potentially allow me to avoid a very lengthy detour (although if the weather is nice, I may simply turn off the HVAC, charge to 100% at country club hills, and go for it)

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

You got this man. Turn off the heat, lower the suspension (if you can), and drive slow. Also be sure to keep the windows and/or sunroof closed, be sure the tires are reasonably well-inflated and don't make a wrong turn! I sometimes unmute the annoying Nav voice on legs like this just to be absolutely sure I don't miss a turn. It's mostly an issue on rural interstates where sometimes you can miss an exit and not see another one for 10+ miles.

13. BlueStu

BlueStu Member

I agree. Drive the speed limit and you should be fine. If you are cutting it too close, there is an 20kW charger at Sweetwater right outside of Fort Wayne.

14. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

I drove by this tonight and didn't see any logos or anything lit up, so maybe it's not in service yet.

15. Rifleman

I made the trip between Country club hills and Ft. Wayne without issue (still had 40 miles left when I arrived)

• Like x 2
  16. Wall-e

Wall-e New Member

The station is live in NAV.

Drove from Chicago to Muncie on Saturday May 5 - the NAV kept nagging me to stop there (and take US30 to US31 - the seriously long way around to Muncie). In fact the NAV loves Merriville so much, It kept telling me to turn around to use the station. It didn't stop turning me around until I was almost to Lafayette. It was pretty darn funny how insistent NAV was to use this station. I've never seen anything like it. If I had given up and followed the last turn around, it was at least 75 miles out of my way.

17. GSP

GSP Member

@BlueShift,

Another live supercharging station!

GSP