Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mesa, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's update: the man said 2 more weeks after I suggested 4 more weeks.
20240412_113226.jpg
20240412_113252.jpg
20240412_113312.jpg
20240412_113322.jpg
20240412_113336.jpg
20240412_113427.jpg

Thanks - I've set this from "open" to "construction". We do have a new "expanding" status, but that's generally used when the rest of the site remains open as the expansion happens. "temporarily closed" is another one that could be used, but I think "construction" makes the most sense at the moment! The other guys tagged above can correct my update if needed!

Thanks - I've set this from "open" to "construction". We do have a new "expanding" status, but that's generally used when the rest of the site remains open as the expansion happens. "temporarily closed" is another one that could be used, but I think "construction" makes the most sense at the moment! The other guys tagged above can correct my update if needed!
Can you mark it as going to V4 instead of V3?

Reactions: Chuq
Wow! That's basically replacing everything. Seems like it would have been easier to just make a new V4 somewhere else! East valley definitely could use some.
It's a very odd situation.

First, the site is only about a year old and was all V3. Scroll through this thread and you see that construction hadn't even started 2 years ago. I've seen sites stay in permitting longer than this site's permit, construction and deconstruction!

Second, the downtime is considerable. I haven't seen many (any?) site upgrades before that weren't just adding new stalls while leaving the old ones in place. I've only been watching this stuff for a year (supercharger.info), but I can't think of another site that was torn up and upgraded. The norm is to leave older sites in place, and either add new stalls or open a new site nearby.

Third, all the V4's I've heard of before were operating on top of V3 infrastructure, which would normally mean a stall upgrade, not a wiring upgrade.

So it's interesting to speculate what's going on and why. For instance, did something not go right with the original installation? Or will this be a first 1000v V4? I couldn't tell from the pictures, but are they dramatically increasing the stall count? Why the long downtime? This was the easternmost SC in a BIG urban area, and its presence is sorely missed.

I wonder if we just get standard V4-on-V3-infrastructure in the end. That would indicate a problem with the original installation. (Which would be the first I've heard of, at least that required a teardown repair.

First, the site is only about a year old and was all V3. Scroll through this thread and you see that construction hadn't even started 2 years ago. I've seen sites stay in permitting longer than this site's permit, construction and deconstruction!

Second, the downtime is considerable. I haven't seen many (any?) site upgrades before that weren't just adding new stalls while leaving the old ones in place. I've only been watching this stuff for a year (supercharger.info), but I can't think of another site that was torn up and upgraded. The norm is to leave older sites in place, and either add new stalls or open a new site nearby.

Third, all the V4's I've heard of before were operating on top of V3 infrastructure, which would normally mean a stall upgrade, not a wiring upgrade.

So it's interesting to speculate what's going on and why. For instance, did something not go right with the original installation? Or will this be a first 1000v V4? I couldn't tell from the pictures, but are they dramatically increasing the stall count? Why the long downtime? This was the easternmost SC in a BIG urban area, and its presence is sorely missed.

I wonder if we just get standard V4-on-V3-infrastructure in the end. That would indicate a problem with the original installation. (Which would be the first I've heard of, at least that required a teardown repair.
Old count was 12. I count 12 pipes. I don't see any increase in stall count.

• Informative
Reactions: hobapolis

Yeah, weirdest supercharger situation I have seen in 5 years.
I can only think of 2 possibilities.
An infrastructure upgrade in prep for a real V4 site.
Or, the original install was flawed in some way.