Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mesa, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to fix the supercharger info site to show Mesa has 12 stalls instead of 8. I charged here today and it worked ok. Didn’t get as fast a charge as expected. Never went above 140 with 28 SOC.
12 V3 stalls, not 8.
@corywright @Chuq @Big Earl
This site shows in the Tesla app, but I still can’t see it in car, so no pre-condition.

Ok I went to test out what the peak time pay was. I didn't see how much I was getting $-charged after I hit the stop charging button so foolishly thought maybe its free for new supercharger grand opening or something. I guess it's because the car didn't know how much the price rate was so it couldn't calculate it live despite being connected to a supercharger (I thought this would give it some info). Turns out it's like $0.35/kwh according to my phone charge stats. I got $-charged for the preconditioning and battery charge it looks like since those both used up energy (32 KWH battery charged but also payed $13.XX so must be preconditioning?). This supercharger seems super slow despite being a V3 according to the phone map.

Attachments

• IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4734.JPG
    IMG_4734.JPG
    631.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4738.JPG
    IMG_4738.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: PStewart
Ok I went to test out what the peak time pay was. I didn't see how much I was getting $-charged after I hit the stop charging button so foolishly thought maybe its free for new supercharger grand opening or something. I guess it's because the car didn't know how much the price rate was so it couldn't calculate it live despite being connected to a supercharger (I thought this would give it some info). Turns out it's like $0.35/kwh according to my phone charge stats. I got $-charged for the preconditioning and battery charge it looks like since those both used up energy (32 KWH battery charged but also payed $13.XX so must be preconditioning?). This supercharger seems super slow despite being a V3 according to the phone map.
Your charging was slow because of the cold battery; it is right there on your screen.
Also, Tesla does not charge for “preconditioning”. But, they do charge for battery and cabin heating/cooling while you are supercharging.
Tesla closed the “free charging at new superchargers” loophole a while back. Rarely does anyone get free charging even when the charger is not on the in-car map yet.
The new supercharger will show up on the in-car map as soon as Tesla ”flips a switch” on their navigation servers.
Sometimes that takes until the next business day (which would be today). But, maybe they are still finalizing pricing.
For Mesa, I would assume we will see the flat $0.17 or $0.17-$0.42 pricing that exists at other existing local chargers.

Are the chargers here out of service? app isn't showing any available.
A friend reported the same thing yesterday, but she went anyone and charged without issue. There are lots of cases where the Nav reports a site as closed when they are not actually closed. Sometimes it's a communication issue and sometimes it's just Tesla trying to steer traffic away from a particular location for some reason. And of course sometimes the site is actually closed.

• Informative
Reactions: tmoz and jlab