Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mishawaka/South Bend IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 charging bays at Angola. It is on the top of a small hill. A Ramada Inn and a nice restaurant share parking lot space. It would be about a 10 minute round trip detour off I-80-90 tollway and 3 minutes round trip off I-69.

By the way I was not "brave", I was over enthusiastic and did not charge up prior to my excusion. Thanks for the cover.

That's not a bad detour at all, especially since this SC covers I-69 as well. That will be nice for going up north to Michigan and down south to Fort Wayne as well. Thanks for the info, and please keep us posted on these locations!

I succeeded with charging at Mishawaka and then made the mistake of driving to Angola with 150 range miles for a 120 mile round trip in 25F weather. I used up more than half my charge on the 80/90 toll road. The Angola chargers did not work even though there was a humm from the transformers and the utilities power meter was turned on. I drove home on highway 20. The old Lincoln highway through Amish country at 43-45 mph with the heat turned off and arrived home cold with 4 range miles left.

Moral: don't believe the Tesla Supercharger icon on the map until someone confirms that the super charger is working.

This makes Mishawaka the first site in Indiana to successfully charge!!!!!!!

Here is my response to what happened to you: Tesla Supercharger network - Page 254 Glad you made it home!

@william 13, thank you for info. I updated in the supercharger thread.
@sgt barone, agree. A very important location. This was supposed to be at Marshall on I-69, but this one serves better to both east-west on I-80 and north-south on I-69.
@cottonwood, thank you for sending the email. I agree secondary HPWC network between 2 superchargers and on remote locations for destination charging will be great

Just got this email today. I can't make it on Wednesday. Sorry Rabar!

Have fun everybody. Miss me!

Tesla Superchargers are now just a road trip away.

Join us for the Michigan and Indiana Supercharger Openings!
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
St. Joseph Supercharger
3260 Niles Road, St. Joseph, MI 49085
Wednesday, December 11th at 10am
Mishawaka Supercharger
6501 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545
Wednesday, December 11th at 12pm
We are excited to announce two new Supercharger locations in the Midwest. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our Midwest community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremonies and celebrate with us.

Details
No RSVP is required for this event. Due to the expected volume of Model S owners, there may be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

I've successfully charged at the Mishawaka charger the past 2 days, since I drive by it at least twice a day on my way to/from work it is all too convenient. Would have actually preferred it closer to Hammond, IN where the original tesla supercharger map showed it (would have made some of my forays into Chicagoland more convenient). Once the novelty wears off, I probably will not use it much.

I know the location of the Angola charger, there is a Ramada with an attached restaurant. Restaurant is what you would expect attached to a Ramada Inn. Nothing else within walking distance. Kind of disappointing. Was hoping that it was going to be at the outlet mall about 2 miles north of the location, would be more convenient to the 80/90 and much easier to kill an hour there.

Anyone know if Angola is working yet? I am in Ft. Wayne for work tomorrow, and may be able to squeeze enough range to make it up to Angola for my first ever Supercharge! Assuming it is open... Which I would hope since it is listed on the "Open Superchargers" page.

Anyone know if Angola is working yet? I am in Ft. Wayne for work tomorrow, and may be able to squeeze enough range to make it up to Angola for my first ever Supercharge! Assuming it is open... Which I would hope since it is listed on the "Open Superchargers" page.

Now that it is on both the supercharger page and on the nav map in the Model S, I think it's safe to say that it's open.

Maybe you can call the Tesla supercharger support line and ask? We don't really have many people out that way to go visit it, so it'd be hard to get a solid confirmation.

Just received confirmation from ownership that it is up and running! I have a crazy trip tomorrow, complete with a 2 hour L2 stop to try and make it to Ft. Wayne in the cold tomorrow. However... I'm gonna try my best to check it out if I get in town early enough.

Congratulations to BOTH the Michigan and Indiana Tesla Communities for your FIRST Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies!

These are both integral pieces of the bigger SC Network, being constructed and completed before our eyes.
Once you start using the Superchargers regularly, you will find reasons to prefer driving your MS over other modes of transportation.

Hope the weather cooperates during the ceremonies.