Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took six or seven weeks for them to hookup the puny 500 kVA transformer at the Montreal service center, so no suprise that this site isn't open yet. There's an entire extra level of bureaucracy with the Montreal power commission involved as well as Hydro-Quebec.

It's disappointing, but I think some utilities in California can take even longer. At least all the kWh will be clean, once they're available.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Man, I worked a few hundred metres from that location before I moved out here 18 months ago. And I can tell you, California has its own challenges! Permits can take forever, the NIMBYs can interfere (I need all my parking spaces!) and local government can be as slow as the Montreal city's best effort at terrible bureaucracy.
Also, in parts of Northern California, the rednecks and monster trucks are in full force, and this leads to some of the slowest developing sections of the Supercharger network, as those folks don't exactly buy into the EV lifestyle. Pretty sure their local government then adds an extra layer of dragging feet to the whole process, since you know, their electorate does not care.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick
Official ribbon cutting for Place Vertu Supercharger is Thursday, July 14th!

Just got the email

Untitled.png

With Drummondville, this makes for three official Supercharger inaugurations in Quebec. Not counting informal events hosted by local clubs, is this a provincial record in Canada?

With a normal ratio, three formal ceremonies would probably mean 15 or more actual sites. I guess Supercharger openings are so rare in Quebec that all new sites merit special celebration.