Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so under the semi-reasonable assumption that the chargers at the Scranton/Moosic location are either enabled or soon-to-be-enabled, I’ll take @Lanny’s nudge and get the conversation started about a friendly ribbon cutting.

Given some uncertainty about the site and the proximity to the upcoming MLK holiday, I’d like to suggest either Sat 1/21 or Sun 1/22 with the following proposal:

If we’re going to socialize, and I don’t see why not, then the obvious choice is going to be Doc Magrogan’s Doc’s Moosic | Doc Magrogan's right across the parking lot, which I can attest is a nice seafood joint. However, down the road about a 15 minute drive in Wilkes-Barre there is a wonderful brew pub with two destination chargers, Breaker Brewing, http://www.breakerbrewingcompany.com/ which has a more limited but more interesting menu. And unfortunately it looks like you’re taking my word for that since I don’t see the menu online. But they are not open on Sunday whereas Doc’s is open both days.

Also of interest is that they just put a round-about in at the entrance to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Airport, also down the road about a mile from the chargers; if there are going to be a bunch of cars it might make an interesting video to have them all circling the round-about. The drive to the round-about can be done regardless of where we choose to eat, however it is on the way to Wilkes-Barre if we decide to eat at Breaker.

Google Maps

So:
Opine on the date preference.
Opine on the restaurant option.
Opine on the round-about video idea.

Hope everyone had great holidays!
Bill

Moosic appears to be back on the Nav. system. No longer flagged as Temporary Closure.

IMG_1593.JPG

OK, so under the semi-reasonable assumption that the chargers at the Scranton/Moosic location are either enabled or soon-to-be-enabled, I’ll take @Lanny’s nudge and get the conversation started about a friendly ribbon cutting.

Given some uncertainty about the site and the proximity to the upcoming MLK holiday, I’d like to suggest either Sat 1/21 or Sun 1/22 with the following proposal:

If we’re going to socialize, and I don’t see why not, then the obvious choice is going to be Doc Magrogan’s Doc’s Moosic | Doc Magrogan's right across the parking lot, which I can attest is a nice seafood joint. However, down the road about a 15 minute drive in Wilkes-Barre there is a wonderful brew pub with two destination chargers, Breaker Brewing, http://www.breakerbrewingcompany.com/ which has a more limited but more interesting menu. And unfortunately it looks like you’re taking my word for that since I don’t see the menu online. But they are not open on Sunday whereas Doc’s is open both days.

Also of interest is that they just put a round-about in at the entrance to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Airport, also down the road about a mile from the chargers; if there are going to be a bunch of cars it might make an interesting video to have them all circling the round-about. The drive to the round-about can be done regardless of where we choose to eat, however it is on the way to Wilkes-Barre if we decide to eat at Breaker.

Google Maps

So:
Opine on the date preference.
Opine on the restaurant option.
Opine on the round-about video idea.

Hope everyone had great holidays!
Bill

As a resident of this area, a few recommendations:

I'd say that Breaker is probably a bit further than a 15 minute drive. Probably closer to 25-30 minutes. It's off the beaten path a bit. A bit closer to the highway with a destination charger is Arena Bar and Grill, though, if you consider both an equal drive, Breaker really is a superior place. Arena Bar is pretty...meh.

I haven't been to Doc Magrogan’s (don't really like seafood) but a few friends love it.

Unfortunately I can't join you as I travel often for work.

@Saghost : got there with 35miles left. Hoping wouldn't have to use the roadside assistance option Haha

@Chuq No. But when the word Of Charleston WV & Huntington WV comes you bet i will try! Hopefully soon though, my plugshare home HPWC has been harboring many traveling Tesla EV's for the past 2 years. Charleston is a crucial charging stop for many people, must needed!

I think we're free on the 22nd. For logistics purposes, the closer restaurant probable makes sense but please let me highly recommend Breaker for food if you're in the area. I'm an admitted food snob (I live inside city limits so....) but Breaker is excellent. My very awesome but Olive Garden loving in-laws live in NEPA and so I've always just assumed a visit there meant eating garbage.

@TehDoak - Once you get your Model 3 you'll see that having a SC near your home isn't at all what you'll love... having one en route to your favorite vacation spots is what you'll love. The one near home you'll probably never use.

Reactions: Saghost