Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@PhillyGal Thanks :) Hers may end up being a 60D... she's not liking the 3s interior.... doesn't like the way the screen looks attached to the dash as an after though vs. the S's more integrated design. Still, we aren't in a position to make a move until late 2017 anyway, so the plan remains to get hands on with the 3, then make a final decision. I, however am (not so) patiently waiting for my warranty to run out in 2019, so I can 'justify' a 2017 90D...

I, however am (not so) patiently waiting for my warranty to run out in 2019, so I can 'justify' a 2017 90D...

The only warranty that matters to A TRUE OWNER is the 8 years for the battery/drive train because they will have exceed the mileage component of the extended warranty long before the time component :cool::p

Last edited:
I think we're free on the 22nd. For logistics purposes, the closer restaurant probable makes sense but please let me highly recommend Breaker for food if you're in the area. I'm an admitted food snob (I live inside city limits so....) but Breaker is excellent. My very awesome but Olive Garden loving in-laws live in NEPA and so I've always just assumed a visit there meant eating garbage.

@TehDoak - Once you get your Model 3 you'll see that having a SC near your home isn't at all what you'll love... having one en route to your favorite vacation spots is what you'll love. The one near home you'll probably never use.

Agreed. I have one about 20 min from me... I've used it... once in 2 years. Why would I sit in my car 20 min from house when I could just go.. HOME...

Charging from home would be my ideal, but, as I've said previously, I live in a townhome that I rent, so setting up a 14-50 outlet just isn't an option at this point. I work from home, so I'll probably do 100-150 miles a week max. Running up there on a saturday morning with my Ipad, grabbing a coffee and charging will be a pain, but a necessary evil at this point for me. There is a movie theatre right there, so maybe I'll just catch a weekend matinee. I'll be moving in June 2018, so it will be a temporary situation (if I even have a Model 3 before I move, that is.

Reactions: madodel
Charging from home would be my ideal, but, as I've said previously, I live in a townhome that I rent, so setting up a 14-50 outlet just isn't an option at this point. I work from home, so I'll probably do 100-150 miles a week max. Running up there on a saturday morning with my Ipad, grabbing a coffee and charging will be a pain, but a necessary evil at this point for me. There is a movie theatre right there, so maybe I'll just catch a weekend matinee. I'll be moving in June 2018, so it will be a temporary situation (if I even have a Model 3 before I move, that is.
Hopefully it will be a short movie. $0.40 per minute idle fees could cost more than the movie.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Just to close the loop, looks like we've settled on Sunday the 22nd for the meet-up. I'll call Doc's and let them know we'll have a crew there but I don't expect that'll be an issue for them.
Plan for around noonish. Depending on the weather we can mingle a bit, cut a ribbon, then go to Doc's.
I think there were 8 cars attending so far.

Reactions: MMC- and madodel
Just to close the loop, looks like we've settled on Sunday the 22nd for the meet-up. I'll call Doc's and let them know we'll have a crew there but I don't expect that'll be an issue for them.
Plan for around noonish. Depending on the weather we can mingle a bit, cut a ribbon, then go to Doc's.
I think there were 8 cars attending so far.
I'm one of the eight!
Did we settle on a time yet?

Well, I just called Doc's to let them know to expect a large group, and they told me that they are closing for renovations this coming week and won't be open on Sunday.
There is a LongHorn Steakhouse that's also in the same parking lot and an easy walk. I confirmed they will be open. There are other food options as well nearby.
We can also go way out of the box and drive to Old Forge, maybe 15-20 minutes, and get pizza (Revello's). It isn't Chicago deep dish or NY thin crust. When I was living in the area we ordered it to take home, which was about a 30 minute drive, and I ate 6 cuts before getting home. My wife wasn't happy.
A bunch of Tesla's snaking through the streets of Old Forge should attract attention.......
We can discuss at the meet. Noonish on the 22nd. Hope to see you there.

Reactions: MMC-
Well, I just called Doc's to let them know to expect a large group, and they told me that they are closing for renovations this coming week and won't be open on Sunday.
There is a LongHorn Steakhouse that's also in the same parking lot and an easy walk. I confirmed they will be open. There are other food options as well nearby.
We can also go way out of the box and drive to Old Forge, maybe 15-20 minutes, and get pizza (Revello's). It isn't Chicago deep dish or NY thin crust. When I was living in the area we ordered it to take home, which was about a 30 minute drive, and I ate 6 cuts before getting home. My wife wasn't happy.
A bunch of Tesla's snaking through the streets of Old Forge should attract attention.......
We can discuss at the meet. Noonish on the 22nd. Hope to see you there.
Since the story originated on the Scranton ABC affiliate (WNEP), do you think I should call them to let them know if they are interested in coverage as a followup?

Since the story originated on the Scranton ABC affiliate (WNEP), do you think I should call them to let them know if they are interested in coverage as a followup?
WNEP's offices are literally a stone's throw away from the supercharger. Easy for them to send someone out if it's a slow news day.
Might be especially interesting if the party includes @JSergeant (aka Prince of Superchargers). They won't get to interview a 200+ station user very often. They'll have to dub fake engine noises to the video because the viewers are going to be confused by the silence :)

WNEP's offices are literally a stone's throw away from the supercharger. Easy for them to send someone out if it's a slow news day.
Might be especially interesting if the party includes @JSergeant (aka Prince of Superchargers). They won't get to interview a 200+ station user very often. They'll have to dub fake engine noises to the video because the viewers are going to be confused by the silence :)
I used their online story idea submission page. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

> I live in a townhome that I rent, so setting up a 14-50 outlet just isn't an option at this point. [TehDoak]

With luck you might find both legs available near enough to each other in your house. Then by combining a pair of extension cords you can bring 120v-0-120v (or 240v) to the car. Significantly faster charging than just 120v.
--