Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morrisville, NC (RDU)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the Sheetz locations never appeared as Coming Soon on the findus map, so nothing strange there. I think it's a case of which sites were initiated by Tesla versus other third parties, and Sheetz has been prolific in adding sites at their request, many of which just popped up out of nowhere.
As I wrote in my post, Sheetz branded chargers was pure speculation. You pointed out in your January 4th post that the layout of the power conduits coming out of the concrete is going to make for interesting placement of the chargers. It would seem a pair of chargers will flank each of the columns supporting the solar canopy. When Teslas charge there they'd have to alternate between backing in and pulling into each space starting with the left most and working right.

Given the variety of EV rentals that will pass by the 1:1 ratio of trash cans to EV spaces seems logical. If this site had EV rentals in mind then this could potentially be the first Magic Dock location in North Carolina. Other sites with 3.5 cabinets are sometimes paired with V4 chargers, and isn't the Triangle long overdue for a V4 site? If not this site, Whiteville perhaps. It'll handle a lot of beach traffic whenever it is built. Owners aren't the only ones that follow these forums, if it's still in their job description.

We'll know soon enough once the chargers have been delivered on site. I asked someone to swing by this evening to see if there's been any new deliveries, and if so to snap a pic of any part number stickers if they're wrapped or boxed.

Reactions: RTPEV
No new deliveries yesterday. I have a friend who works off National Guard Drive, the street that Ts into Aviation Parkway and forms the corner that Sheetz #399 sits on, so she passes by twice daily. I sent her a few pics of the shipping boxes for the charging pedestals from other sites so she knows what to look for. I asked her to take a picture of the Tesla part number on one of the boxes if none of the pedestals have been unboxed when she spots them.

No new deliveries yesterday. I have a *GOOD* friend who works off National Guard Drive, the street that Ts into Aviation Parkway and forms the corner that Sheetz #399 sits on, so she passes by twice daily. I sent her a few pics of the shipping boxes for the charging pedestals from other sites so she knows what to look for. I asked her to take a picture of the Tesla part number on one of the boxes if none of the pedestals have been unboxed when she spots them.
Edited that for you.

• Funny
Reactions: Da_Gman and SigNC
Well folks. Morrisville is getting the first V4 Chargers in North Carolina!! Friend was out training with other guardsmen this week, came home for the night, and swung by to check. Since the cabinets are V3.5 they won’t be full V4 charging.

IMG_7269.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

Last edited:
New CLT one on Panara Drive may beat you to it

Doesn't seem anyone has been by the location in Concord and confirmed their pedestals have been delivered, but it is interesting that they wrote V4 in the permitting, as well as "(2) WASTE MANAGEMENT BINS." Morrisville Sheetz has'em beat in the trash can ratio, and covered EV spaces.

Has anyone seen any covered Level 3 spaces elsewhere in North Carolina? There's the partially covered Level 2 spaces in Boone, NC in the Legends parking lot with the solar panels over'em. Years back Brightfield Transportation Solutions built out a few locations with solar panels above the spaces, but I think they were all Level 2. Ten years ago their site talked of some early Level 3 sites, but I'm not sure if any had solar panels covering'em.

I stopped by last night after volunteering at the concert at the PNC Arena. They'd cut power to the canopy so it was dark on that side of the Sheetz. Foundations for the cabinets have been poured but none of the pedestals have been placed under the canopy yet. If facing the canopy with your back to Sheetz the cabinets will be to the right, between the canopy and the transformer.

Since the concrete has been poured for the cabinets it seems Morrisville is slightly ahead of the progress in Concord, based on the pictures shared on X and added to the thread tracking that site's progress.

My friend is back out training for the rest of the week so not sure when she'll be back by the Sheetz.

First one will be actually in Charlotte at another site. V4 posts installed.

Tryon St location seems to be waiting on a transformer. I'd looked through the pics posted on the thread and didn't see one. This tweet confirms it's not there yet.

Stopped by after the concert at PNC Arena.
IMG_4156.jpeg

Four of the twelve v4 charging pedestals have been put in place. Two flanking the canopy column closest to the v3.5 charging cabinets still need to be done.
IMG_4160.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

IMG_4161.jpeg

Was standing in the van accessible space when I took this next one. Shows five of the othrer spots left to complete. As mentioned in Monday’s post, one of the pedestal’s positions has been shifted to the rear of the parking space.
IMG_4159.jpeg

Given their pace they should finish placing the remaining pedestals in the coming week.

Surprising to me that copper thieves haven’t cut off and taken those colorful cables…
The canopy is well lit at night and a LOT of various vehicles have been parking/idling in front of those EV spaces these last several months. The trash cans are already being put to use.

IMG_4162.jpeg

When I stopped last night were three other cars sitting in front of the canopy.

The 24/7 drive thru lane windows are across from the solar canopy. The placement of that air station might make traffic around the canopy interesting once those Superchargers come online.
IMG_4163.jpeg