Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA - Grant Rd (under construction, 32 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's construction in the parking lot behind the F45 gym at 1350 Grant Rd, Mountain View so I wandered by and saw a box from Tesla.
Then I found what appears to be the permit for 32 chargers:

COMM T.I. INSTALL (32) NEW EV CHARGERS IN PARKING LOT, ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT AND STRIPING, SIGNAGE AND ACCESSIBLE PARKING IMPROVEMENTS

from

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0449.jpg

This is in my neighborhood in Mountain View and the Nob Hill supermarket is the one I frequent. Didn't even realize that it was a supercharger construction as I drove by the back parking lot couple of times a week for shopping. This is within walking distance of my house, not that I need regular SuperCharging but it's good to see this kind of expansion. This 32 stall installation will put the two sets of EVGo DC chargers by the front of the Nob Hill to shame. And the single Chevron DC charger by the newly constructed Chevron gas station at the corner of Grant and El Camino looked even sadder. Not sure what they were thinking when they put just one single DC charger at the gas station when they tore down and rebuilt the station. Was it just for compliance or just dumb. There was enough room to put in 4 to 8 DC stalls but no they didn't do it. More reason for me to think Tesla really are playing it right when it comes to installing EV charging stations. Go big or go home.

Reactions: bruce4000
The charger cabinets and pedestals are now all installed. Stall are a mix of mostly drive in, some back in and a some pull along, to charge a wider range of vehicles I’d assume. The pedestals are V3 the two nearest me did not have magic docks but others may.

Reactions: mgs333
Moving forward..

photos.

Agreed, no magic docks. Easiest access will be from Phyllis Ave to avoid the shoppers parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_3719.jpeg
    IMG_3719.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3724.jpeg
    IMG_3724.jpeg
    929.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3725.jpeg
    IMG_3725.jpeg
    951.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3726.jpeg
    IMG_3726.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    710.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    811.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    744.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3717.jpeg
    IMG_3717.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3718.jpeg
    IMG_3718.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
The charger cabinets and pedestals are now all installed. Stall are a mix of mostly drive in, some back in and a some pull along, to charge a wider range of vehicles I’d assume. The pedestals are V3 the two nearest me did not have magic docks but others may.
Based on @Tyl s pictures, 27 pull in and 5 back in. No pull along spots for towing which wouldn’t make sense here anyways.

Here's a little closer look. That conduit/channel will hold the bus bars that carry 4000 amperes from the utility transformer to Tesla's equipment. At smaller sites the conductors go underground between the transformer and Tesla cabinet.

But for now, we wait for PG&E to install the transformer. And wait. And wait.

IMG_0560.JPGIMG_0561.JPG

Reactions: Tyl and Mrbrock
Thanks for the info. This seems to be a common problem on the Bay Area Peninsula since I know of at least 3 new Supercharger installs all bagged up and waiting to go. Is this common over all of the Bay Area? All of California? All of the country?
At the risk of stating the obvious it doesn't help with the supposed "shortage of charging infra-structure" if the Utility companies don't connect them up after they have been installed for months and months and months.....

Thanks for the info. This seems to be a common problem on the Bay Area Peninsula since I know of at least 3 new Supercharger installs all bagged up and waiting to go. Is this common over all of the Bay Area? All of California? All of the country?
At the risk of stating the obvious it doesn't help with the supposed "shortage of charging infra-structure" if the Utility companies don't connect them up after they have been installed for months and months and months.....
Here's an answer to a similar question.

#41 (national backorder on utility transformers)