Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA - Bel Aire Plaza (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's some quick photos from last night. There's some trenching (with metal plates over) between the charging spots and the center of the lot where they I thought was just the staging area, but not I'm thinking they may be putting the cabinets there.

location.jpg

20220920_174704.jpg

20220920_174734.jpg

20220920_174726.jpg

Cabinets and "Staging Area"

20220920_174645.jpg

20220920_174708.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: ChrisJ and bmah
I'll be in the Carneros region in mid-December and might check out this location. Seems like a great stop for locals and folks grabbing provisions since there's a Target, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's that are crawling distance. More charging locations are always welcomed, especially for those who have older packs with declining Supercharging curves.

Seems somewhat unnecessary would rather see one further north in St Helena or Calistoga.
Yes. St. Helena would be a good location, 20 miles from Napa, but there's no room in existing lots unless you go north of Safeway or behind it on Adams St. There's a lot of room south of the library, but that land would have to have paving, and there's nothing near it BUT the library. I guess one could go read a book while they charge. Parking in St. Helena is a major problem all over town, but looking at Google, I am reminded that there is a fair amount of lightly used space behind Smith's Pharmacy, around from Safeway. One could walk the two blocks into "town" or go visit Safeway while waiting on a charge. It's an empty lot, but really close to everything.

Napa already has two charging locations, one south of town, and one at First Street. They don't need another, in my opinion. And though Calistoga is a fun place to visit, from what I see there's not a lot of tourism that direction unless you're going over to Santa Rosa.

Reactions: Merrill
Yes. St. Helena would be a good location, 20 miles from Napa, but there's no room in existing lots unless you go north of Safeway or behind it on Adams St. There's a lot of room south of the library, but that land would have to have paving, and there's nothing near it BUT the library. I guess one could go read a book while they charge. Parking in St. Helena is a major problem all over town, but looking at Google, I am reminded that there is a fair amount of lightly used space behind Smith's Pharmacy, around from Safeway. One could walk the two blocks into "town" or go visit Safeway while waiting on a charge. It's an empty lot, but really close to everything.

Napa already has two charging locations, one south of town, and one at First Street. They don't need another, in my opinion. And though Calistoga is a fun place to visit, from what I see there's not a lot of tourism that direction unless you're going over to Santa Rosa.
As was discussed earlier, if you charge in Napa, you should have zero issues traveling around the valley for a few days and making it back to Napa to charge again. Especially with the many destination chargers at wineries and hotels up valley. The point of Superchargers is to enable traveling to the NEXT location. Where would you go AFTER charging in St Helena? Likely back to Napa or elsewhere in the Bay Area. Tesla has tracking data from all their vehicles. If it showed a lot of people traveling to North to Lake County from Napa then maybe we’d see something In Calistoga but obviously they see people charging in Napa and then returning south out of the valley.

Reactions: ChrisJ
Swung by and did a quick drive thru today and couldn’t find a transformer or a site for a potential one (no empty pads or lonely conduit stubs. Target’s and OSH’s are above ground so I don’t think they’ll put one in a vault underground. Also, the electrical cabinet (pictured above in grey) is quite large for only 12 stalls. usually it’s a single 2 door white unit and this one appears to be 4 or more doors and is grey. I didn’t get out to see what all the red plaques on them said but looked similar to what was used on my solar install to mark what was what. Maybe someone with more time can check that out to see if they give any clue. Maybe some type of battery storage?

Swung by and did a quick drive thru today and couldn’t find a transformer or a site for a potential one (no empty pads or lonely conduit stubs. Target’s and OSH’s are above ground so I don’t think they’ll put one in a vault underground. Also, the electrical cabinet (pictured above in grey) is quite large for only 12 stalls. usually it’s a single 2 door white unit and this one appears to be 4 or more doors and is grey. I didn’t get out to see what all the red plaques on them said but looked similar to what was used on my solar install to mark what was what. Maybe someone with more time can check that out to see if they give any clue. Maybe some type of battery storage?
Anyone have updates? Chargers are still under wraps as of today.