Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA - Bel Aire Plaza (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there work being done on the sidewalk or on Trancas? The vault where power is coming from is under the street. Also, there would need to be a transformer somewhere. Maybe they are doing their initial scouting and will be doing the work soon.

Someone on TOEB Facebook said that they talked to a PG&E worker and they said they would take about a month due to the need for running cables under Trancas St.

Bruce.

I did not get a great look. In the morning pass, there were at least 4 people. There was a dually work truck. There was no sidewalk or street involvement. I rarely go that way because it is a traffic mess with the freeway ramps, large shopping access on both sides, etc. if they have to close even one lane, it will be an extra mess.

Stopped by tonight. Lots of PG&E equipment on site plus a big trailer loaded with pretty wide conduit. Both PVC and galvanized steel. Maybe even a new vault or cabinet waiting to be finished.

Sidewalk/grass area along trancas has been dug up in one spot at least and board on top, with additional marking/flags along sidewalk. The area along the stalls inside the lot is also marked up for trenching.

There's a big digger ready to go, so I suspect they'll be starting work shortly.

Photos to follow.

20230516_163201.jpg

20230516_163149.jpg

20230516_163047.jpg

20230516_163016.jpg

20230516_163019.jpg

Reactions: Limited
Th first pic may be the key. Hopefully that is the encroachment area, and they can wrap it up soon. Power is underground there IIRC, so the plywood could be covering the main power access needed.

That will get them access to under Trancas where they then need to run conduit out to somewhere in the parking lot where the transformer will be located. Then from the transformer to the switchgear cabinets. They won't be able to put the transformer in that sidewalk/street easement.

Makes sense. Given the mess of property ownership on the target side and the newer construction on the other side, there is likely more power available on the non target side of Trancas.

Not that I ever need to SC in my own town, but it is near my fav burrito place. But, the entrance route off the freeway will stink without local knowledge. Could get worse of the pharmaca(sp), former blockbuster, building leases to something high traffic.

The SC just south of town has an upscale mini mart with decent snacks (and upscale wine and flowers!).

For anyone going north, it is a decent spot, except for having to quickly get to the left from the freeway exit. Southbound, pay attention and exit bel aire plaza at the light.

For the lazy among us (not wanting a hike while charging) this location is only good if you like to go into target. The other stores involve a fair walk, or crossing Trancas.

Warning from a local, if you want to cross the parking lot going east (and coming back), say to Villa Corona, use the sidewalk on Trancas. The traffic flow in the center is terrible

For anyone going north, it is a decent spot, except for having to quickly get to the left from the freeway exit. Southbound, pay attention and exit bel aire plaza at the light.

For the lazy among us (not wanting a hike while charging) this location is only good if you like to go into target. The other stores involve a fair walk, or crossing Trancas.

Warning from a local, if you want to cross the parking lot going east (and coming back), say to Villa Corona, use the sidewalk on Trancas. The traffic flow in the center is terrible
Wise advice! It’s bad enough for a car trying to get from target to WF or TJs. Just be patient crossing at the light as there can be red runners not wanting to wait through the whole cycle.

As far as things to do, if you want target or food shopping use this one. If you want clothes, use the one at the outlets. Outlets are a destination for many so it makes sense those chargers would fill up. If you need a place to charge and only a bathroom, use the one south of town by the airport. It is usually empty.

It's not too bad getting into that first pocket left turn lane as long as you are in the first lane of the right turn (counting from the left side) as you exit 29. Similarly, I would say it's a 5-minute walk at a comfortable pace to Whole Foods / Trader Joes and maybe add two minutes to that for the incredible Heritage Eats - yum. Between the dining options, the nonstop crime at the outlets, the higher charging rate, the vibe, this one would be my preferred location vs. the Napa Outlets.
Police: Three arrested after $10,000 in merchandise stolen at Napa outlet mall

Any updates? Pictures? Isn't showing up on the map and it has been over a month since May when PG&E reported it would take them a month. Looks like corrections were required at the last inspection for Elec Service on 8/8. Sounds like everything should be visually complete (transformer on site?).
1692075189204.png