Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Needles, CA (4 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try charging here in summer ;):eek:

I skipped Needles heading East, Oct. 2019, drove from Barstow to Kingman via Baker, Searchlight. Nice drive.
1. Tesla Barstow to Baker to Kingman.jpeg

Then Westbound, stopped at Needles, right 2 SC were Truck ICED and shared the 1st stall with one other driver.

Glad to see an upgrade is in the works/planned.

Another dreadful trip on I-40.

I charged to 100% in Barstow on my 100D (ignoring suggestion to charge to 80%). Thank goodness I did. I got to the Needles supercharger and 2 stalls of the 4 were dead. Multiple people waiting… On a non-holiday weekend. So I went on to Kingman, Az and arrived with 18% at Kingman (Thank goodness I ignored the charging suggestion and had a 100D and not my prior P85). Kingmwas was busy, but at least the 6 120KW stations where working, and the 72KW Temp stations still there and operating.

Difficult to understand why Tesla hasn’t improved charging on this route.

Difficult to understand why Tesla hasn’t improved charging on this route.
Tesla's Find Us webpage lists Needles, CA and Kingman, AZ as having a target Opening in Q1 2022. Not soon enough, though. Just one post being down at Needles on a weekend should trigger a code-red for Tesla to send someone out there ASAP to fix the issue if there's only 4 posts...

There should be permits filed at least by now, and quite possibly construction in progress...

Charged to 90% @ Kingman on 2018 M3 LR because nav was routing me up to I-15. Nav said Needles out of service. I checked on my way & sure enough semi ICEing stalls & no lights on pedestals. Made it to Barstow OK with some judicious use of speed & AC (108 outside!).