Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newburgh, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You had a black S? Saw you move and figured you just didn't want to be number 2 on the charger. A tesla pulled in that spot later and seemed to be charging. We had a great table outside watching the goings on.

I just pulled in that stall again right now and it still won't charge at all. I had to move over again. No other tesla here. So that's twice 1A failed. 1A doesn't work here.

Here again right now. 1A doesn't work. Called tesla who confirmed remotely it's not functioning right. 4 of the other spots are ICED by restaurant customers. The last spot a tesla pulled in right before me. I asked the manager to see if he could find one of the ICErs and tell them to move their car. They weren't too happy about this. (Aka not happy I'm asking them to ask their customers to move).

Here again right now. 1A doesn't work. Called tesla who confirmed remotely it's not functioning right. 4 of the other spots are ICED by restaurant customers. The last spot a tesla pulled in right before me. I asked the manager to see if he could find one of the ICErs and tell them to move their car. They weren't too happy about this. (Aka not happy I'm asking them to ask their customers to move).

That sucks...was going to head up that way today,but ended up in Woodbury where none of the level 2 chargers worked. Nrg said they were "private" and that it wasnt for public use. Smh. I had enough to get home anyways.

Here now...charging on 1a no issues, no spots iced..... charging on 2a, another charging on 3a....lots of cars coming through,but obeying the signage...maybe since no other ice is parked in the Tesla spots.

Last edited:
Now that I have finally visited Newburgh, I can see what other people have been talking about. Prime parking spots for restaurant customers. Undoubtedly a high percentage of the general public doesn't care about blocking EV charging. I only stopped there for a few minutes, and didn't go into the restaurant... do they offer valet parking? Could valet coverage be extended to the Tesla spots, and the Tesla spots roped off?

Newburgh SUCKS for ICING. the people there have no respect for those spots. Even after complaining to the manager once it took about 40 minutes for them to move one of the cars for me to charge.

Charged there last night. The two spots marked Tesla /30 minute others were iced as well as two of the four other spots. Me and a white tesla took up the last spots. I complained to the manager and she was apologetic and actually shooed away two cars parking there when the spots became free but as soon as she came in they were taken again. She said one of the drivers asked "what's a Tesla?" I suggested she change the signs to include the word ONLY but is that Teslas call? Overheard a conversation of a group of older people next to us discussing the Chargers and the older guy said "well they can just get home on gas if they can't charge here". Maybe Tesla should really start advertising at least to up level of awarness

Charged there last night. The two spots marked Tesla /30 minute others were iced as well as two of the four other spots. Me and a white tesla took up the last spots. I complained to the manager and she was apologetic and actually shooed away two cars parking there when the spots became free but as soon as she came in they were taken again. She said one of the drivers asked "what's a Tesla?" I suggested she change the signs to include the word ONLY but is that Teslas call? Overheard a conversation of a group of older people next to us discussing the Chargers and the older guy said "well they can just get home on gas if they can't charge here". Maybe Tesla should really start advertising at least to up level of awarness

Sounds like cones are needed at this location...

I have an extended cable for my 220V connection at home. If I were there I would park sideways and block two ICE cars in, run the cable toward the SuperCharger and pretend to be charging. Obviously keep an eye on things to make sure they don't run keys down side of car. If/when they come out, suggest they go back for dessert as its bad to interrupt the charging process

• Funny
Reactions: BestHand
Well I hoped it was me and others bitching that worked. Pulled in today and they have blocked off the spaces with cones marked EV only. Hooray! Now the overs have to physically get out and move a cone. They can't claim ignorance anymore. Gave the manager Christina kudos.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
In a few days I will be going on a long distance trip and will be critically dependent on the Newburgh supercharger to keep from getting stranded before reaching my destination. Is the station working? Are any bays not working? Any info on the status of this supercharger is much appreciated.

Thanks Joelgjr. I had heard/read of other owners going to supercharger sites only to find that the site and/or numerous bays at the site were not functioning. Presumably, they had used the car's nav and had not received any indication of problems. I couldn't risk that happening and very much appreciate your reply!