Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newburgh, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that didn't take long. Spot ICE'd with an almost empty lot. Charging rate is awesome though!
IMG_2608.JPG

This is one of those times where I support tracking down the owner of this vehicle (should be easy, it's a modified 2013? Subaru Impreza WRX STI) on one of the WRX forums (NASIOC is a big one), and ask what the deal is.

The owner of that vehicle obviously likes cars, so seeing that kind of disrespect is really disappointing.

Last edited:
All -

Stopped there yesterday on my way back from Poughkeepsie to charge and they were temporarily out of service.... So I stopped at Woodbury Commons on the way home and used their Chademo instead. There was a sign indicating so, but they didn't mention when they would be back online...

Aaron

All -

Stopped there yesterday on my way back from Poughkeepsie to charge and they were temporarily out of service.... So I stopped at Woodbury Commons on the way home and used their Chademo instead. There was a sign indicating so, but they didn't mention when they would be back online...

Aaron
Hey Aaron did Woodbury have a j1772 also or just the chademo? Was it free? Also is it accessible 24/7?

I also found it to be shut down today, so cross-country travelers be warned.

.I talked to the restaurant owner, and he said that Tesla had shut it down because of lingering problems with the local zoning authorities. Apparently there had been a very slight deviation from the approved plans in the route of the main conduit which had not been pre-approved by the town. Even though a local inspector approved the actual final installation and the route that was eventually used, the town was apparently pissed that it hadn't been pre-approved, and is requiring a bunch more hoops to be jumped through.

It's enough to turn one into a raving anti-government maniac.

Let's hope they can do the right thing, and do so soon. Appreciate the heads up, as I was planning to use it on Friday for my first unfettered trip with Tessie and it is a clear point of no return for us. No charge, we be stranded. Guess it's likely I'll be using our ice.

Tesla seems to be installing a lot of the NOSE-IN style of supercharger bays lately. This makes for an easier install since contractor only has to dig a trench across the parking lot instead of digging up existing curbs, trees, etc.

So I'm now realizing [VOILA!] that the lot owner could easily tie a CHAIN across the arches and give the key to MSers that might be ICE'd. Suggest a bright orange chain with the big links made of plastic. This would be a lot easier than dragging around big traffic barrels.

Newburgh seems a good SpC for such chaining, so users might want to talk this up with the owner.
--

Last edited:
I think my wife and I received the last charge before they shut it down last week. We were eating lunch there and the owner explained to me the same paperwork baboonery David mentioned above. He'd just received the call to shut it down and came to our table and said he would not dare do it while we were charging....and that we should take our time. Really nice guy!! I always hated government bureaucracy before; but this is ridiculous!.....Great food by the way!!

"So I'm now realizing [VOILA!] that the lot owner could easily tie a CHAIN across the arches and give the key to MSers that might be ICE'd. Suggest a bright orange chain with the big links made of plastic. This would be a lot easier than dragging around big traffic barrels."

If the owner would rope off chargers they can just put up a sign saying "all others will be towed at owner's expense". Seems to work pretty well in these parts and avoids me needing to block traffic while I find the key..assuming I don't just think they are down for repair, which would be my first assumption seeing anything blocked off from use.