TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger Nightlight (sort of) & other Tesla Model stuff

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rog, Oct 31, 2015.

1. rog

rog Member

OK, my wife thinks that I'm coo-coo (and she is not so wrong...), but - I have added another item to my Tesla Model collection :)
    The latest Supercharger Model serves as nightlight (my other Tesla display shelf is getting too crowded...).

20151031_150730.jpg 20151031_151416.jpg 20151031_150708.jpg

3D printed, red EL panel inside, epoxy coated and painted. Came out pretty decent, I have to say.

2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I love the miniature Supercharger and Model S!

3. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Slick - where did you get it? I have this collection for my current car. I plan to get a Tesla next year, so will probably start a Tesla collection soon.

IMG_6350.jpg

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I loved my S2000 and still miss it.

5. rog

rog Member

Very nice!

I actually made all the Supercharger models myself. The Tesla models are made by Tesla, Matchbox and Hotwheels.

6. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Is this the phone charger? And if so, does the phone charging cable also juice the Tesla lighting?

7. rog

rog Member

No, it's for display purposes only. I wouldn't know how to add the charging capabilities; the EL panel for the illuminated letters needs 12V, the phone chargers I believe generally run on 5V. So I would need to build in some kind of transformer, or add a second circuit just for the charger. Definitely out of my range in terms of electronics know how :)

8. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Definitely an awesome car, I'm on my second one! I had a 2002 then traded it in for a 2005 when I got an out-of-the-blue offer from the dealer for 4K over blue book. This is a photo of it a while back. This past spring I had a new canvas top installed and had the seats and steering wheel reworked to fix wear & tear. They look almost new again.
    P1010063.jpg

I went to Wekfest here in Houston a couple weeks ago and saw some rather interesting things done with the S2000.
    IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done! Did you use a 3D printer?

I bit the bullet and started my Model S collection - I just hit up Amazon and have 3 on the way - a red and a silver Hot Wheels as well as a Matchbox, which appears to be a different shade of red.

9. rog

rog Member

Yes, they are all 3D-printed (some of them on my own printer, others via Shapeways).

The Matchbox version is indeed a different red - and the model itself is also closer to the real car. Hotwheels has added a few things (e.g. a completely exaggerated spoiler).

10. Caligula

Caligula Member

Someone needs to make this right now!

11. Beckler

Beckler Member

Does this thing have the latest water-cooled cable?