Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Nightlight (sort of) & other Tesla Model stuff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, my wife thinks that I'm coo-coo (and she is not so wrong...), but - I have added another item to my Tesla Model collection :)
The latest Supercharger Model serves as nightlight (my other Tesla display shelf is getting too crowded...).

20151031_150730.jpg
20151031_151416.jpg
20151031_150708.jpg

3D printed, red EL panel inside, epoxy coated and painted. Came out pretty decent, I have to say.

Is this the phone charger? And if so, does the phone charging cable also juice the Tesla lighting?
No, it's for display purposes only. I wouldn't know how to add the charging capabilities; the EL panel for the illuminated letters needs 12V, the phone chargers I believe generally run on 5V. So I would need to build in some kind of transformer, or add a second circuit just for the charger. Definitely out of my range in terms of electronics know how :)

I loved my S2000 and still miss it.

Definitely an awesome car, I'm on my second one! I had a 2002 then traded it in for a 2005 when I got an out-of-the-blue offer from the dealer for 4K over blue book. This is a photo of it a while back. This past spring I had a new canvas top installed and had the seats and steering wheel reworked to fix wear & tear. They look almost new again.
P1010063.jpg

I went to Wekfest here in Houston a couple weeks ago and saw some rather interesting things done with the S2000.
IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice!

I actually made all the Supercharger models myself. The Tesla models are made by Tesla, Matchbox and Hotwheels.

Nicely done! Did you use a 3D printer?

I bit the bullet and started my Model S collection - I just hit up Amazon and have 3 on the way - a red and a silver Hot Wheels as well as a Matchbox, which appears to be a different shade of red.

Nicely done! Did you use a 3D printer?

I bit the bullet and started my Model S collection - I just hit up Amazon and have 3 on the way - a red and a silver Hot Wheels as well as a Matchbox, which appears to be a different shade of red.

Yes, they are all 3D-printed (some of them on my own printer, others via Shapeways).

The Matchbox version is indeed a different red - and the model itself is also closer to the real car. Hotwheels has added a few things (e.g. a completely exaggerated spoiler).