Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Normal, IL - East College Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, the Meijer SC looks like it may be done and online before 2022. That would be cool.

PlugShare users are still reporting issues with the other Normal, IL SC in the parking garage at the train station. Last I checked, only one pillar was working and there was a long line of cars waiting to charge.

Reactions: Anser and benjer95
Whoa, the Meijer SC looks like it may be done and online before 2022. That would be cool.

PlugShare users are still reporting issues with the other Normal, IL SC in the parking garage at the train station. Last I checked, only one pillar was working and there was a long line of cars waiting to charge.
At this rate, I'm still predicting by the end of this month!

• Helpful
Reactions: Mike_TV
AE402E67-ED5A-416E-B543-17BD25364254.jpeg
Fence is down! No transformer yet

So just under two months from start to finish. Pretty good! I don't see it on the official Tesla Supercharger map or Plugshare yet but if people want to go there here is the address.

Meijer
1900 E College Ave
Normal, IL 61761
Thank you for the update! I had tried the Normal parking garage superchargers a couple of months ago, not knowing they were down. Made it back to Chicago with 27 miles to spare driving 50mph on I-55 Northbound. Even thought of driving Rte 66 if I had to slow down further to make it to Bolingbrook chargers.

Visited this one yesterday. There were three other Teslas using it. It's live in Tesla navigation as well as the one in the parking garage at the Amtrak station in Normal...so two SC sites not too far from each other. Everything worked fine with V3 speeds. Thanks @PilotJosh for the updates since October and the pictures.

Reactions: Anser
Weird that this Supercharger still isn't listed on Tesla's website yet.

I believe this also explains why it's not on PlugShare yet either. (There is a "Restricted" listing for this location on PlugShare -- although it's easy to miss since it lists the plug type as a single wall outlet -- and there's a comment from PlugShare from 11/12/2021 stating: "This location will be updated as soon as we receive data from Tesla. We thank you for your patience.")

Weird that this Supercharger still isn't listed on Tesla's website yet.

I believe this also explains why it's not on PlugShare yet either. (There is a "Restricted" listing for this location on PlugShare -- although it's easy to miss since it lists the plug type as a single wall outlet -- and there's a comment from PlugShare from 11/12/2021 stating: "This location will be updated as soon as we receive data from Tesla. We thank you for your patience.")
Yeah you are correct. It's not on the Telsa Supercharging map on the web BUT it is available via the in car navigation. In your car, If you search for "Normal Supercharger" you'll find both and the stall status is available for each station.

Reactions: jsmay311