Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:eek: definitely cheating!

I think that sort of "cheating" should be allowed because I think it might only be as accurate as a Magic 8 ball or a divining rod. In April, I talked to some construction workers installing Electrify America chargers at a Walmart near my house. I asked them when they thought the chargers would go live, and they said probably June. It's now September and they're still not powered up, although the construction did finish in June.

I think that sort of "cheating" should be allowed because I think it might only be as accurate as a Magic 8 ball or a divining rod. In April, I talked to some construction workers installing Electrify America chargers at a Walmart near my house. I asked them when they thought the chargers would go live, and they said probably June. It's now September and they're still not powered up, although the construction did finish in June.
Exactly. I've never heard of the construction workers providing a correct date lol.

LOL does it count if I go talk to the workers and ask for a specific date or is that cheating :)

Hell I’ll send you $5 just to go talk to the construction workers.

They’ll have a line of sight on the remaining long leads and whatever the common hold up is across these sites. Commissioning should go quick. No third party OEM interplays between hardware software layers

Oct 31

Yes, the guys working on Portage base prep in July basically replied that they couldn't tell me anything about anything, it's private information.
Yep, same in Brandon - NDA. Couldn't even verify it was a Tesla site, but did guess when they would be leaving. Turned out it was a few days later, due, I think, to rainy weather. It does look like equipment is finding its way to several sites now.
"Ve have to vatch und vait, un den make inferences - very intereshting!" - Laugh In

Drove by this Sunday, looks like they just need to drop the superchargers... everything is there but the superchargers. No workers all week.
1.jpg

Drove by this Sunday, looks like they just need to drop the superchargers... everything is there but the superchargers. No workers all week.
View attachment 452661
This is looking quite promising, especially the presence of the main hydro transformer which is often the cause of delays after Tesla has finished their installation. People wagering for a late Nov completion may be pleasantly surprised. Installing the connector pedestals should be no more than a couple of days work at most, Once they are installed testing and commissioning should be a weeks work or a bit less.. The problem is will these activities be coordinated with minimal calendar time between them?
Here's to hoping anyway...

Reactions: pmanstuff
Another major potential for delay is Tesla holding out for V3 superchargers. They'd make a lot of sense along that corridor but AFAIK they aren't rolling them out widely yet

“Holding out?” Half of the V3 equipment is already onsite under those protective bags. Just waiting for the pedestals to arrive, wire everything up and the utility company to connect power.