Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my gosh that is amazing news! I’m driving from Toronto to Kapuskasing at 5am tomorrow and was gonna do the Sudbury route but will now try this one!!!

Let me know where you charged. It seems that the KSI chargers in New Liskeard and Kirkland Lake seem to be offline. I guess it will be a stop in Timmins but that must be tight in winter from North Bay. However, tomorrow’s forecast is not that cold and with a slight tailwind.

I would also like to do Kapuskasing from Montréal via North Bay in a few months but I think I’ll stick to going via Val d’Or especially now that they have two CHAdeMO chargers in Rouyn. However, once the IVY Charging Network is up and running in Northern Ontario, that will all change (if compatible with Tesla).

Good luck and happy driving!

It works! That is a solid record charging rate for me!

Attachments

• 461E7289-5A6C-4827-9877-3C2CD0011621.jpeg
    461E7289-5A6C-4827-9877-3C2CD0011621.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 105
Let me know where you charged. It seems that the KSI chargers in New Liskeard and Kirkland Lake seem to be offline. I guess it will be a stop in Timmins but that must be tight in winter from North Bay. However, tomorrow’s forecast is not that cold and with a slight tailwind.

I would also like to do Kapuskasing from Montréal via North Bay in a few months but I think I’ll stick to going via Val d’Or especially now that they have two CHAdeMO chargers in Rouyn. However, once the IVY Charging Network is up and running in Northern Ontario, that will all change (if compatible with Tesla).

Yes...even though the North Bay supercharger was great, the drive from North Bay is horrendous in terms of chargers. The CHAdeMO charger in New Liskeard doesn’t work with mine. I had the same problem with the CHAdeMO charger in Timmins and I’m starting to wonder if my CHAdeMO adapter needs some type of firmware update. It hasn’t worked ever since I bought it earlier this year.
Then the charger at GM in New Liskeard is broken. Luckily I was able to perform ultra slow charging in Matheson and later on in Cochrane for the final stretch. I’m going to revert back to Sudbury and Timmins until I can find a solution to this CHAdeMO issue.

Yes...even though the North Bay supercharger was great, the drive from North Bay is horrendous in terms of chargers. The CHAdeMO charger in New Liskeard doesn’t work with mine. I had the same problem with the CHAdeMO charger in Timmins and I’m starting to wonder if my CHAdeMO adapter needs some type of firmware update. It hasn’t worked ever since I bought it earlier this year.
Then the charger at GM in New Liskeard is broken. Luckily I was able to perform ultra slow charging in Matheson and later on in Cochrane for the final stretch. I’m going to revert back to Sudbury and Timmins until I can find a solution to this CHAdeMO issue.
I really hope they eventually put a SC in Cochrane.

[Q"NCAMIRE, post: 4321011, member: 86763"]Let me know where you charged. It seems that the KSI chargers in New Liskeard and Kirkland Lake seem to be offline. I guess it will be a stop in Timmins but that must be tight in winter from North Bay. However, tomorrow’s forecast is not that cold and with a slight tailwind.

Good luck and happy driving![/QUOTE]

Can I ask how the drive from Montreal to Rouyn is? I recently got an SR+ and looking to do Gatineau -> Rouyn. I'm new to EVs so I'm a bit nervous of trying it in the winter and getting stuck in the middle of the park (especially since I have young kids). In the summer I'll probably give it a go via Deep River and North Bay using only superchargers, but I'm trying to figure out if getting to Rouyn is a fair weather option only, or if legitimately becomes an all year option if I shell out $700 for the adaptor. A SC in New Liskeard area would be great...

I would suggest folks go on the Tesla site and recommend New LIskeard/Temiskaming Shores as an SC location. If enough of us suggest it, maybe it will be on the next round...I also visited the Petro Canada site and suggested the same thing.
I haven't had any luck with my chademo adapter, and I did try the Ivy charger in Huntsville with no luck - so now I'm not all that hopeful that the Chademo will ever be a useful option. I took my gas car to Iroquois Falls for Christmas because I simply didn't think I would make it here from North Bay in the Tesla. Disappointing. A "halfway" point is needed, especially in the winter.

Reactions: GarthG
Hi, charged today, arriving from Ottawa to North Bay at 10%, 2018 model 3 LR RWD, 18 aero.

I got a max charging speed of 215kW!

Also deep river is functional with 50kWView attachment 492027 View attachment 492025
Fantastic news. Thanks for posting. Just curious. If you arrived at North Bay with only 10%, does that mean that you didn't charge very much at Deep River. I would have thought that if you got a relatively large charge at Deep River you would arrive in North Bay with a larger state of charge.

I would suggest folks go on the Tesla site and recommend New LIskeard/Temiskaming Shores as an SC location. If enough of us suggest it, maybe it will be on the next round...I also visited the Petro Canada site and suggested the same thing.
I haven't had any luck with my chademo adapter, and I did try the Ivy charger in Huntsville with no luck - so now I'm not all that hopeful that the Chademo will ever be a useful option. I took my gas car to Iroquois Falls for Christmas because I simply didn't think I would make it here from North Bay in the Tesla. Disappointing. A "halfway" point is needed, especially in the winter.
This is an impressive complaint even by TMC standards. We wait months for the North Bay supercharger to open and now that it's open, Tesla is "disappointing" because they haven't enabled the trip up to Iroquois Falls :D

Fantastic news. Thanks for posting. Just curious. If you arrived at North Bay with only 10%, does that mean that you didn't charge very much at Deep River. I would have thought that if you got a relatively large charge at Deep River you would arrive in North Bay with a larger state of charge.

I wasn't planning on charging there I just checked on a whim. I ran into the CT for a quick bathroom break and back out. Only added 9-10% in deep river. So given I arrived at north bay with only 10-11% I was glad I got the little boost in deep river. Originally projected to get to north bay with 10-15%. I think I was less range conscious because I had added the margin.

I wasn't planning on charging there I just checked on a whim. I ran into the CT for a quick bathroom break and back out. Only added 9-10% in deep river. So given I arrived at north bay with only 10-11% I was glad I got the little boost in deep river. Originally projected to get to north bay with 10-15%. I think I was less range conscious because I had added the margin.

Those are some brave margins in cold weather.

This is an impressive complaint even by TMC standards. We wait months for the North Bay supercharger to open and now that it's open, Tesla is "disappointing" because they haven't enabled the trip up to Iroquois Falls :D
My disappointment is with the chademo adapter/Tim Hortons in New Liskeard not being the saving grace for trips to visit my parents. THATS what's disappointing, not the lack of SCs exactly where I want them ;) I always knew that getting SCs in the North was going to be a waiting game. But I did kinda bank on the chademo adapter working, and it's not worked once since I've gotten it. Hence me driving my old relic for Christmas rather than enjoying the new update my car just installed 355kms away from me. I'd like to get rid of the gas-burner entirely, but can't, quite, yet. I live in North Bay, so the SC here was never a thing for me - tho I am thrilled the Deep River site is online so I can make Ottawa easily.

Merry Christmas all

Last edited:
My disappointment is with the chademo adapter/Tim Hortons in New Liskeard not being the saving grace for trips to visit my parents. THATS what's disappointing, not the lack of SCs exactly where I want them ;) I always knew that getting SCs in the North was going to be a waiting game. But I did kinda bank on the chademo adapter working, and it's not worked once since I've gotten it. Hence me driving my old relic for Christmas rather than enjoying the new update my car just installed 355kms away from me. I'd like to get rid of the gas-burner entirely, but can't, quite, yet. I live in North Bay, so the SC here was never a thing for me - tho I am thrilled the Deep River site is online so I can make Ottawa easily.

Merry Christmas all
How has a adapter not been working? There are a few that are faulty, and Tesla will replace them if it is a bad one.