Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocean Shores, WA (LIVE 10 Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother and I went to Ocean Shores to check out the wind and waves today. Stopped by the Supercharger on the way through. Everything looks finished but the transformer isn’t humming and I didn’t see a meter, nor any place for a meter to go.

IMG_6231.jpeg
IMG_6232.jpeg
IMG_6229.jpeg

Good news! As of today (Oct 10, 2023) Washington's newest Supercharger station is now in operation. The Tesla guys were there earlier today to do the final inspection and to energize the system. It's probably not showing up on your maps yet, but it's all working! So, make your plans for an official gathering and Grand Opening Celebration. Scheduled for Saturday, Oct 21. Time TBD, but I've heard noon. I'll post an update with all the details. There will be two Grand Openings that day, the Tesla Supercharger, and then go across the street to a Grand Opening of the High Dunes Trail. The Canterbury Inn in Ocean Shores will be offering special rates for the weekend, 10% off when you mention the Tesla event!

Attachments

• Open1.jpg
    Open1.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Open2.jpg
    Open2.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 56
Good news! As of today (Oct 10, 2023) Washington's newest Supercharger station is now in operation. The Tesla guys were there earlier today to do the final inspection and to energize the system. It's probably not showing up on your maps yet, but it's all working! So, make your plans for an official gathering and Grand Opening Celebration. Scheduled for Saturday, Oct 21. Time TBD, but I've heard noon. I'll post an update with all the details. There will be two Grand Openings that day, the Tesla Supercharger, and then go across the street to a Grand Opening of the High Dunes Trail. The Canterbury Inn in Ocean Shores will be offering special rates for the weekend, 10% off when you mention the Tesla event!
IMG_44B43FF30E18-1.jpeg
its in the app

Gather up your rain gear (maybe) and join us for the Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening of the Ocean Shores Supercharger! This Saturday in Ocean Shores. Mention Tesla and get a room discount at the Canterbury Inn. Show off your car to the uninformed, the locals will be there to view the big bonfire! (HUMOR)
1698274169336.jpeg

Reactions: goneskiian
What is the cost of charging at this new supercharger location? We are buying a Model Y soon and visiting for a month in summer from Phoenix but I am still unsure whether to take my 4Runner and pay 5$/gallon at 17 mpg or try to tow our super lightweight trailer (which will tug in behind easily, no "air break") with a long range Y. Still trying to figure out the charging costs (unless Tesla gives back promo supercharging in May).

What is the cost of charging at this new supercharger location? We are buying a Model Y soon and visiting for a month in summer from Phoenix but I am still unsure whether to take my 4Runner and pay 5$/gallon at 17 mpg or try to tow our super lightweight trailer (which will tug in behind easily, no "air break") with a long range Y. Still trying to figure out the charging costs (unless Tesla gives back promo supercharging in May).
$0.44 kWh so about 15 cents a mile without the trailer. A trailer, no matter how light or short will add to drag significantly. I don't have experience with trailers so you should search other threads for info on that.

$0.44 kWh so about 15 cents a mile without the trailer. A trailer, no matter how light or short will add to drag significantly. I don't have experience with trailers so you should search other threads for info on that.

Thank you! Generally, how can I find info on supercharging costs? I am able to use the Tesla app w/o yet owning an EV but it only shows chargers in range of my location...I tried to google things, used CoPilot, Plug share, very frustrating not to know. Do you know what I could expect along the I-5 in California and Oregon? Thanks again!

If you are staying at RV parks with your trailer, you should also be able to charge for no extra cost there. Not sure where you can see all SC prices but they do vary a lot. I just went from Flagstaff to Seattle through California and rates varied from .24 to .44 cents but typically in the mid 30’s.

Towing with the Y will almost certainly be cheaper, especially if you snag some free slow charging along the way at hotels, but might be a pain. Plan on stopping every 100-150 miles to charge. A trailer, even a light one, really kills your range (it’s more about frontal area than mass, especially at highway speeds).

Thank you! Generally, how can I find info on supercharging costs? I am able to use the Tesla app w/o yet owning an EV but it only shows chargers in range of my location...I tried to google things, used CoPilot, Plug share, very frustrating not to know. Do you know what I could expect along the I-5 in California and Oregon? Thanks again!
It's in the Tesla app. Go to location which should pop up a map, move the map to wherever your interested and turn on the view chargers button (yellow circle) on the map. Click on the charger you're interested in and all the details are there.
Screenshot_20240412_194548_Tesla~2.jpg

Reactions: bruce4000
If you are staying at RV parks with your trailer, you should also be able to charge for no extra cost there. Not sure where you can see all SC prices but they do vary a lot. I just went from Flagstaff to Seattle through California and rates varied from .24 to .44 cents but typically in the mid 30’s.

Thanks a lot, that would be a very similar route to ours. Great point about camping...was not the plan but KOAs would work. The trailer is just a small cargo trailer.

Towing with the Y will almost certainly be cheaper, especially if you snag some free slow charging along the way at hotels, but might be a pain. Plan on stopping every 100-150 miles to charge. A trailer, even a light one, really kills your range (it’s more about frontal area than mass, especially at highway speeds).

Thank you. Yeah, I just put brand new mud terrain tires on the 4R and it feels such a waste to take it to Ocean Shores only to drive some dirt roads in the area (did not find any real 4x4 trails except in an offroad park, which is not my thing).

The trailer is completely tugged in behind the vehicle but yeah I do plan on 100-130 miles.

I feel dealing with the towing will be the adventure (in lieu of 4x4), LOL.

It's in the Tesla app. Go to location which should pop up a map, move the map to wherever your interested and turn on the view chargers button (yellow circle) on the map. Click on the charger you're interested in and all the details are there.
View attachment 1038232

Thanks for the effort. Maybe me or maybe the app but for all my efforts I keep only seeing chargers in reach from where I am now with no option to change that. Gotta ask one of the kids for help with the app!

Thanks for the effort. Maybe me or maybe the app but for all my efforts I keep only seeing chargers in reach from where I am now with no option to change that. Gotta ask one of the kids for help with the app!
You have to scroll around on the screen to move the location away from where you are. 2 finger pinch to zoom out then hold down one finger and swipe around to move the map around to where you are going and click on the charger you want to see pricing. Then click X to go back to the map.