Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yakima, WA - E. Yakima Ave. (LIVE 15 Sep 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The second supercharger in Yakima is coming to the Baymont by Wyndham at 1603 E Yakima Ave. Chargers should be in southwest corner of the lot. This will be the second confirmed (George) of likely at least 3 (Leavenworth) superchargers in 2023 in WA hosted by Wyndham properties. Since Tesla stopped paying for destination chargers, this is a much easier way to get chargers at your business without any cost to the host.

1686197154748.png

@Chuq @Big Earl @tes-s, cone 'em!

EDIT (37 seconds later): wow, that was fast!
I just happened to be updating other sites when I saw the pop-up notification for your post. Thanks for the tag! I like how Superchargers are showing up on each side of interstates, allowing for easy-on and easy-off. Also great to see them bulking up the network for non-Teslas.

I just happened to be updating other sites when I saw the pop-up notification for your post. Thanks for the tag! I like how Superchargers are showing up on each side of interstates, allowing for easy-on and easy-off. Also great to see them bulking up the network for non-Teslas.

I get that thought process, and this would serve the opposite traffic direction of I-82 compared to the existing location, it just seems odd to put them so close to each other.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 183
Given the position in the lot, I wonder if these will be pull through stalls and not the normal "back in" stalls. That would be good for other car models charging as NACS/MagicDock continues to expand.
I doubt they will tear out the grass median to make them pull through. Then they’d only have room for 5 or 6 stalls. And the power is likely near the building so that is where the transformer might go.

From reading the locate request it sounds like they are moving power from the northwest corner of the hotel to the location for the SC cabinets. Or placing conduit that will carry power from a transformer and SC cabinets that will be mounted closer to the hotel and source of power to the SC stalls. So it doesn't look like they have started work on any stalls but progress is progress.

I hope that Tesla does some customization to the routing when navigating to this SC when this becomes operational. The first entrance is very close to the start of the turn lane, and traffic is often backed up at this intersection. Trying to take the first entrance will often be painful, especially for drivers coming in via the 82 Westbound off ramp. I had a annoying time even getting out of the lot in that first

Taking the second entrance can still leave you blocked by traffic that doesn't care about not blocking entrances, but at least there is more time and room to be in that turn lane.

1688865448620.png

Reactions: bruce4000
But it will be easier for the west bound traveler even with that turn lane issue than the current situation for west bound travelers, it's a rat maze to get to the current Yakima supercharger from West bound I-82. We almost didn't find it the first time even with the navigation telling us where to turn.