Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20200902_202041 (002).jpg
Does this work?

I've been at other 250kW locations and this one only gave me 108kW at 24% SOC. Fully warmed up pack at arrival. That's what I get at 150kW locations. The pedestal I was at had a lot of fan noise going in the cabinet base, the car was also in jet airplane mode. I wasn't in a time crunch so just let it go while we went shopping. The two refrigeration units were not running and the cable was hot so I'm gonna say pick another pedestal. You can see from the picture which one we were at.

And yes, the SuC is in a busy place of the parking lot. Lot's of cars use east side as a traffic lane.
20200904_143503.jpg

This is great! Will make my trips much easier.

Still can't wait for Burns.

Yeah we're getting super close just need Burns, Yakima, another 84 Gorge charger, and Chelan area supercharger and I will consider the NW pretty thoroughly complete.

Entiat (Chelan) is supposedly permitted, Burns is permitted. So we are down to just two without any movement. And even those two are usually possible for even SR+ as long as there isn't a problem at Ellensburg or in the Gorge. So as soon as the permitted two are finished we should be at least functionally complete.

Yeah we're getting super close just need Burns, Yakima, another 84 Gorge charger, and Chelan area supercharger and I will consider the NW pretty thoroughly complete.

Entiat (Chelan) is supposedly permitted, Burns is permitted. So we are down to just two without any movement. And even those two are usually possible for even SR+ as long as there isn't a problem at Ellensburg or in the Gorge. So as soon as the permitted two are finished we should be at least functionally complete.
Boardman OR is also needed. You’re right that it’s just doable with the shorter range cars, but directionally optimal charging will be if Boardman shows up and Hood River.

That's the only one that I know of in the areas hit by the fires so far (at least in Oregon). I haven't seen any photo or video showing the supercharger itself after the fire, but I know the grocery store just across the street survived, so I've had my fingers crossed.

That's the first supercharger I ever used, on the way home from picking up our Model 3.

Tragic to see what's happened to such a beautiful place, though. My heart breaks for the people who have lost their homes.

Reactions: Vic_F
That's the only one that I know of in the areas hit by the fires so far (at least in Oregon). I haven't seen any photo or video showing the supercharger itself after the fire, but I know the grocery store just across the street survived, so I've had my fingers crossed.

That's the first supercharger I ever used, on the way home from picking up our Model 3.

Tragic to see what's happened to such a beautiful place, though. My heart breaks for the people who have lost their homes.
Video of the Supercharger Station (at the very beginning) and surrounding area:

Supercharger - Detroit OR

I've charged at the Detroit OR Supercharger Station; it was a lovely spot.

What are the routes that Florence and Roseburg open up? Seems like Coos Bay, Lincoln City, Eugene and Grant's pass functionally cover any routes through the area.

In my SR+ getting from Springfield to Grants Pass can be stressful. I'd prefer to be able to drive without range anxiety. It is the biggest gap along all of I-5 by a significant amount. Similarly, driving down the coast, the gap between Coos Bay and Lincoln City is by far the biggest gap on the coast highway. Coming from Eugene, I either need to stick close to Florence or plan to go all the way to Lincoln City or Coos Bay to visit the coast.

Reactions: IdaX
In my SR+ getting from Springfield to Grants Pass can be stressful. I'd prefer to be able to drive without range anxiety. It is the biggest gap along all of I-5 by a significant amount. Similarly, driving down the coast, the gap between Coos Bay and Lincoln City is by far the biggest gap on the coast highway. Coming from Eugene, I either need to stick close to Florence or plan to go all the way to Lincoln City or Coos Bay to visit the coast.
I agree that Springfield to Grants Pass could use another Supercharger Station in the middle — I could make it in my car, with much lower range (178 RM) and much lower efficiency than your SR+, but it isn't easy. Range anxiety in an SR+? That's a surprise. Maybe in winter with really poor weather, I suppose.

However, Bandon to Lincoln City is really easy, in part because the speeds on the coast highway are lower than typical I-5 speeds, so the distance doesn't matter as much, due to the reduced drag that greatly increases efficiency. Even Eugene to Florence and back is really easy for an SR+, so if you wanted to get to the coast and back home without charging it would depend on how far north or south from Florence you wanted to go. A loop of Eugene to Florence to Newport to Corvallis to Eugene would be easy in my car and trivial in an SR+. Even an out-and-back from Eugene to Coos Bay would be doable in my car and easy in an SR+.

With so many parts of the country under-served by Superchargers, your area is already relatively well covered IMO.

Reactions: im.thatoneguy