Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palmdale, CA (LIVE 19 Oct 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have fond memories of el mirage, topped out my old ICE car at 127 MPH true as it turned 400k miles.

Now Tess is on life support in the garage, bad issue insside the HV pack I believe. but this ICE is stil going 60k later...

Doubt the SuC is open yet
Ive been going there for years, love it. Cant wait for it to re-open! Took our LR 3 there many times to max it out. Left LA (Westwood area) with 100% and would always roll into the Santa Clarita charger on our way back with 10 miles or less lol. Palmdale charger would save our a$$es.

Reactions: otter
Drove by today and there was some progress. The trench has been filled but not sure if that is a good or bad sign. I guess we will find out soon.

37C1252F-E574-48E5-8E87-A970D9023D9B.jpeg
E1D8B50F-F659-47C0-9E9C-CEFB42A6D8EB.jpeg

Sorry I should have peeked a bit closer to see if the conduit is still present. With SC station the place the units on a curb as to not get hit by cars. The conduit was there before so they would have had to remove it and fill but maybe the hole is still there and they are prepping for the curb/island to be installed. Fingers crossed

I could have so used it today. I was in Tehachapi, near Keene, 130 miles from my house in Cucamonga. The route was a 10 min charge at Mojave then continue to Cucamonga. I Drive a few mins, car reroutes me and says to stay below 65 mph to make it home at 5% SOC. Huh??? I'm rerouted through 30 miles of local roads. My intuition is that Mojave just went down and it was verified in the screen.

I know that 5% SoC at 122 miles away is a long shot. Especially since it's hot, AC is on and it never regens as much as it should down the Cajon pass on the I-15. In the end, I set the AC to 80F and kept it no faster than 65 the whole way and just tailed trucks and trailers below the speed limit. Made it home 7% SOC to Cucamonga.

I could have diverted to Barstow arriving at 13% SOC but didn't want to waste 1 hr. The other diversion was 53 miles to Bakersfield but that would have been at least 1.5 hr to drive there, charge and double back. Palmdale charger would have been the perfect diversion if it had existing. Adelanto would have been not a bad diversion either.
IMG_20200702_162915__01.jpg