Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an annoying SC experience at this SC. This is definitely a SC to be avoided if you can.

* Lists 10 SC stalls in the Nav, but there are only 8 accessible
* Slow SC rate, never got past 90kW when not sharing, but it lists as 150kW in the Nav. Seems to follow the same pattern as the Darien CT SC's (which only list as 120kW in the Nav), which were some of the first. Essentially just older rev/degraded SC hardware can't push the top end like a new SCv2 can, to say nothing of SCv3.
* Super busy in general. I don't drive in NJ often and would have reworked my trip to avoid driving on RT 17 knowing now how crazy busy this road is.

I'll be hitting the new West Nyack SC next time

Just had an annoying SC experience at this SC. This is definitely a SC to be avoided if you can.

* Lists 10 SC stalls in the Nav, but there are only 8 accessible
* Slow SC rate, never got past 90kW when not sharing, but it lists as 150kW in the Nav. Seems to follow the same pattern as the Darien CT SC's (which only list as 120kW in the Nav), which were some of the first. Essentially just older rev/degraded SC hardware can't push the top end like a new SCv2 can, to say nothing of SCv3.
* Super busy in general. I don't drive in NJ often and would have reworked my trip to avoid driving on RT 17 knowing now how crazy busy this road is.

I'll be hitting the new West Nyack SC next time

Yea, it’s always busy there. Correct, 8 stalls for the public and 2 inside the Service Center that are only available to staff for service/deliveries.

The Nav should probably be updated to reflect 8 spots to avoid any confusion or disappointment.

90kW isn't slow. What was your battery SOC%? Even at new SC locations and with a very low SOC%, the most I get is about 110kW.
I didn't think I needed to show my work being a member of the forum since 2015, that folks would give the benefit of the doubt that someone around that long would know how to SC properly. :(

Model 3 AWD LR came in after a 200mi drive with the SC set as the Nav destination arriving with 11% SoC. My battery was primed for a maximum rate of charge. I've personally seen on this same car 144kW at multiple different SCs.

110kW on particular S/X configurations is near max, but not for a Model 3 LR which is why I think this SC is slow.

To the comments from locals/people familiar with the area - glad I'm not the only one. Misery loves company ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Recently 4 of the stalls have been temporarily closed/blocked off and this station has been marked on the Tesla navigation as having limited service. As others have noticed, this is a very busy location, and with 4 stalls out of service there are often lines of 5+ cars during peak hours. If you're planning a road trip in the near future, plan to skip this one if at all possible.

This location no longer shows up in the navigation. Is it still open to the public or should supercharge.info mark it closed? Is anyone able to stop by for a few pictures?
The location was removed off the nav system, but I can confirm the superchargers still exist and work properly. I was just there 3 days ago and charged after a service appointment and there were other cars charging as well.

I think the reason why they removed it from the online database is that they want to save those spots to be used by deliveries, their employees, or other customers like myself that just wanted to quickly charge after an appointment, but that is just my guess.

It is always full anyway so this isn't my go-to location. There is another one just down the street that has 20 stalls, so that one is a much better choice if you just happen to be in the area.