Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there earlier and charged up, was slower than normal. What I have heard is Public Service is working on should be a day or two. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I noticed it was slow and someone else did also..... I drive this daily and for about two miles Northward is a Public Service hangout closing lanes etc. mostly Southbound always fixing something. It makes no sense. Yesterday they had a gas leak where they just dug up for something else. storeowners are complaining it is costing them business. They will fix this and something else will go wrong next. Mark my word.

I was there earlier and charged up, was slower than normal. What I have heard is Public Service is working on should be a day or two. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I noticed it was slow and someone else did also..... I drive this daily and for about two miles Northward is a Public Service hangout closing lanes etc. mostly Southbound always fixing something. It makes no sense. Yesterday they had a gas leak where they just dug up for something else. storeowners are complaining it is costing them business. They will fix this and something else will go wrong next. Mark my word.

Someone in Paramus piss off Christy? ;-)

I wanted to charge today, and it was full. I'm always concerned when the charger is at a service center, as they will also charge cars for delivery, cars being repaired, loaner cars, etc. Or maybe it was just popular today.

I wanted to charge today, and it was full. I'm always concerned when the charger is at a service center, as they will also charge cars for delivery, cars being repaired, loaner cars, etc. Or maybe it was just popular today.
That charger is super popular, I think alot of locals use it. I don't think the service center uses it much as I frequently see it full or almost full on a Sunday when the service center is closed.

That charger is super popular, I think alot of locals use it. I don't think the service center uses it much as I frequently see it full or almost full on a Sunday when the service center is closed.
The Paramus Chargers are always busy especially in the afternoon early evening. They do not use it that much. I was there and had 8 charging and a line began to form on a Sunday evening. Sometime this year they are suppose to be opening Chargers in Mahwah, NJ though Tesla calls it Mahwah, NY. I suspect it may be at the new store/gas station just south of 202 or the truck stop which I doubt...

This charging station has been showing up as limited or unavailable for several weeks now. Superchargers are still online but the service center is incredibly busy with repairs and deliveries. Most cars are double parked making navigating the parking lot incredibly difficult during business hours. If you need to charge here I highly recommend coming during off-hours.

Reactions: GreenMachina
Stopped here today @ 24% SoC in a Model 3 and about 45-50F out & the car was warmed up from driving during the day.
Thought I would save some time charging here instead of NYC Urban Superchargers which are only 72kW.. but unfortunately no.

1 stall out of service, 1 person waiting ahead of me
Signs out saying 40min max charge
Charging SLOW.. was ~35kW when I first pulled in (second of pair to start charge) and never got above 55kW.
Neighboring car (also Model 3) that was in paired charger slot moved over when a spot opened (trying to get a faster rate too).
My car still didn't move above 55kW when he moved. I tried unplugging and plugging back in just to see and stayed at 55kW nonetheless.
Bailed after 25min & only picking up about 60miles of range...24-43% SoC.

Stopped here today @ 24% SoC in a Model 3 and about 45-50F out & the car was warmed up from driving during the day.
Thought I would save some time charging here instead of NYC Urban Superchargers which are only 72kW.. but unfortunately no.

1 stall out of service, 1 person waiting ahead of me
Signs out saying 40min max charge
Charging SLOW.. was ~35kW when I first pulled in (second of pair to start charge) and never got above 55kW.
Neighboring car (also Model 3) that was in paired charger slot moved over when a spot opened (trying to get a faster rate too).
My car still didn't move above 55kW when he moved. I tried unplugging and plugging back in just to see and stayed at 55kW nonetheless.
Bailed after 25min & only picking up about 60miles of range...24-43% SoC.
I use to drive this daily and for about two miles Northward is a Public Service hangout closing lanes etc. mostly Southbound always fixing something. It makes no sense. Yesterday they had a gas leak where they just dug up for something else. storeowners are complaining it is costing them business. They will fix this and something else will go wrong next. Mark my word. Many time working on the wires also. They are known to cut back power turn it on and off constantly. Use to work near their...

I noticed this morning on the nav that Paramus shows as having 10 stalls. This location has always had 8 so wondering if they recently added an additional two.

Can anyone in the area confirm?

Went there today to charge, still only the 8 chargers. No sign of any construction either. The NAV still shows 10, so don't know where these additional 2 are coming from.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: madodel and Shateam
Are they possibly inside the service center garage?

I suppose that's possible, at one point last night the NAV showed 9/10 in use (one of the 8 chargers in the parking lot is out of service) so it thinks they're in use somewhere. That would be a pretty weird choice to install superchargers that aren't accessible to the public though. There are already 4-5 standard wall chargers on the building wall for charging inventory cars.