Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm Street (LIVE 21 Oct 2021, 20 V3, 7 DCFC, 20 L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost think I'm dreaming. At 5:15am 3 of the 4 Tritium chargers are in use, two by Tesla's, one an LAX cab. Kia EV6 in other slot. And a Bolt at one of the other lower power chargers. Maybe they finally figured it out?

RT

Still chugging along, got to be divine intervention...

PXL_20220923_204321255.jpg

got it, have to purchase Chademo/CCS adapter in order to use.
Yes, unfortunately it is similar to the J1772 to Tesla Level 2 adapter that is included with your Tesla in that it requires an extra step.

Whether the additional cost is worth it is up to you. Personally, I view it as the free charging I have received has paid for the adapter, along with the convenience of having it as a backup case.

Also, not all Teslas are capable of using the CCS adapter.

Reactions: BigDaddyKevin
marmaladedad, what is the least busy time you have seen in that area for the tritium charger?

It really is hit or miss. I have seen it completely free at 2pm, but then it is full at the same time on a different weekday (at least for the stations that are working). @RubberToe or @BostonBurley may have a better idea if they are more frequent users of the Supercharging station. Some advanced analytics in terms of usage time/frequency of the non-Tesla DCFCs would be nice, but I would prefer that the stations are just consistently operational.

Currently, I bypass this station and head to the Marengo station because I know there are open stalls there. At least, until more CCS adapters are delivered. I used to use the Del Mar DC stations (just inside the parking garage entrance across from Central Park), but those require payment now.