Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW Yoke's Fresh Market - Wikipedia
If this is a deal with the chain, would any of their other locations be good?

Maybe one reason it's there is because Yoke's wanted it there and Tesla is playing nice to get some other locations.

At least it will be a back-up in case Kennewick goes down for some reason. It's an a 2015 v2. Pendleton, OR to Yakima, WA or vice versa isn't a small gap.
If they ever do Walla Walla, there is a Super 1 Foods (same company) on WA 125 that connects to OR 11 and Pendleton. WA 12 makes much more sense but it could be a potential future location.

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
Permit has been issued and here are the plans. Chargers will be installed on the north side of the market so a ways off Rd 68. Probably easier to enter from backside by movie theater.
1666161492242.png

1666161677856.png

Permit has been issued and here are the plans. Chargers will be installed on the north side of the market so a ways off Rd 68. Probably easier to enter from backside by movie theater.
View attachment 865264
View attachment 865265
Is Tesla actually planning ahead and permitting this site for 12 total superchargers?

Also, always love when the permitting pictures show cars filling the area… never a good sign for once the chargers are in place…

Is Tesla actually planning ahead and permitting this site for 12 total superchargers?

Also, always love when the permitting pictures show cars filling the area… never a good sign for once the chargers are in place…
No, this permit is only for 8 but the plans for phase 2 are included in the drawings.

Off to the side, it’s probably employee parking and half of the north side is unmarked so they could easily paint stripes to add an additional 8 spots to the east of the chargers.

And not sure when the image was pulled from Google maps for the permit but it shows a completely packed parking lot which is different than the current Google maps image which shows much less cars.

1666184752250.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3'sterly
Great location for Walla Walla traffic. I only ever hit Kennewick on the way to Walla Walla if I'm super desparate since it's so far out of the way. This will probably eliminate most of my stops at Yakima for me.
Agree- This seems like a decent stop gap for anyone heading to/from Walla Walla region, requiring passing through the Tri-Cities. IMO Walla Walla would be an ideal location as well.

Why does that diagram show the Tesla regular and alternative charging pedestal perpendicular to the usual arrangement? The bollard is at one end of the pedestal, not in front of it even if offset a bit.

Anyone have comments on the long cable seen for the alternate pedestal? V4 with the CCS option?
It is just a drawing, not necessarily how they will be installed at each site. And there are all sorts of examples of them being installed facing the spot vs perpendicular.

Regarding the cable length, it’s just a different design. No idea if V4 includes CCS or not. Until one is installed, no one will know. The CCS option will likely be one or two stalls per 8 total that will have a CCS cable. I don’t see Tesla putting two cables on every stall. Keeps the majority of stalls Tesla only but still allows non Tesla charging and govt funding.

Reactions: bruce4000
Another inspection was requested today for tomorrow. Must be getting closer
Not much different, so no pictures. The trenches are filled in and they were working on filling in around the central junction/transformer/switching box area. No Tesla equipment in place yet. Maybe complete by EOY, but probably not a rush.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV