Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Peoria, IL - N Sheridan Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A peek inside one of the V3 cabinets. Has anyone come across an internal cabinet schematic of the V3 superchargers? I believe they use parallel converters but the number, power levels, and how they send power to different posts are not easy to find. V3 got larger converters and added a DC bus between cabinets. Each V3 cabinet I know has outputs (connection points) for 4 charging posts (V2 was 2 posts per cabinet) and there seems to be a master cabinet and up to 3 additional slave cabinets possible based on the way the V3 permits have shown the DC bus connections.
V3_trays_image1.jpg

A better picture from an early Fremont V3 SC is here:
Supercharger SuperGuide – TeslaTap

Reactions: jessebkr87
Damn. Was checking here for an update. Drove through there Saturday and going again this coming weekend. Wish it was there, my car was running on static electricity going from Davenport, IA HyVee to Normal, IL!
@Hilbe - I tend most times to actually go via Peru. IL supercharger when I go between Quad Cities and central Indiana. Typically can stop in Davenport, Peru, and then Champaign. That allows me to bypass Normal completely. While a little more miles, the Normal supercharger is so far off I-74 that I find it to be really inconvenient. The new Peoria supercharger will make the direct Davenport to Champaign likely my preferred route from south of Indy to Cedar Rapids with my 2016 MS90D.

A peek inside one of the V3 cabinets. Has anyone come across an internal cabinet schematic of the V3 superchargers? I believe they use parallel converters but the number, power levels, and how they send power to different posts are not easy to find. V3 got larger converters and added a DC bus between cabinets. Each V3 cabinet I know has outputs (connection points) for 4 charging posts (V2 was 2 posts per cabinet) and there seems to be a master cabinet and up to 3 additional slave cabinets possible based on the way the V3 permits have shown the DC bus connections. View attachment 641471
A better picture from an early Fremont V3 SC is here:
Supercharger SuperGuide – TeslaTap

V3 can be up to 7 cabinets (28 stalls) per system. Firebaugh, CA has two complete systems - 14 cabinets and 56 stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Glad Peoria will finally be on 'the' map, but that location is definitely not one I'd have chosen. I still think the Westlake Shopping Center would have made far more sense, and it definitely would have been much closer to the highway. To me, this is only a slight improvement over driving to the one in Normal if you're on the road. Traffic down 150, non-Covid times, is terrible during commute hours. Plus, the roads around that Hy-Vee are awful, you'll need a wheel alignment after going to charge there.

Glad Peoria will finally be on 'the' map, but that location is definitely not one I'd have chosen. I still think the Westlake Shopping Center would have made far more sense, and it definitely would have been much closer to the highway. To me, this is only a slight improvement over driving to the one in Normal if you're on the road. Traffic down 150, non-Covid times, is terrible during commute hours. Plus, the roads around that Hy-Vee are awful, you'll need a wheel alignment after going to charge there.
I agree that it’s not in the most convenient place. I timed it from the I-74 War Memorial exit to the charger and it’s only about five minutes. Not sure which direction you come from, but maybe that would be a good option for people.

@Beran - I'm guessing the location was heavily influenced by location for someone like HyVee as someone that appears to be partnering with Tesla on supercharger locations across the greater Iowa/Illinois/Minnesota region. Meijer is a key partner in a lot of the midwest but I don't think I see a Meijer in Peoria. There are a few that have started showing up at Target locations but I know nothing about the parking lot situation at the Target that's in this general area of Peoria to know if they maybe couldn't consider that for some reason.

The fence is coming down, My guess, it is NOW open.
Very difficult to be sure given the distance and image resolution, but I think I can make out that the electrical meter isn't installed yet. The meter housing is that grey box on the side of the white cabinet on the left of the top picture. So, very unlikely to be open IMO. And it's not at all unusual for supercharger sites to sit in that state for a few weeks before actually opening. Just because the fence is down doesn't really mean anything definite.

Reactions: Big Earl
Very difficult to be sure given the distance and image resolution, but I think I can make out that the electrical meter isn't installed yet. The meter housing is that grey box on the side of the white cabinet on the left of the top picture. So, very unlikely to be open IMO. And it's not at all unusual for supercharger sites to sit in that state for a few weeks before actually opening. Just because the fence is down doesn't really mean anything definite.
The meter is there, it’s just dark in color. I posted a photo of it above earlier this week.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9