Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be seeing something different then everyone else, it is still there in GRAY as coming soon.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

It would be nice to see it there, but frankly I probably would never use it even though close to me, both of our cars are full each day and we never have needed to charge other than when on a trip.

Hi Mark,

I think its a web problem. When I view the map in the Chrome browser I see a red pin above Miami. When I view it in the Internet Explorer browser that same pin is grey (Coming Soon).

I have been in contact with the Tesla project manager and I am informed that the Plantation Supercharger is still in the works, but it is taking longer than expected. He will discuss the map issue with the web folks.

Larry

I poked around Plantation's permit site, and noticed two changes.

One, the permit or something expires Aug 17. Two, a contractor has been assigned to the project. I don't remember seeing either of these before.

FWIW . . .
Capture3.JPG

Last edited:
I also noticed all the "reviews" under "Processing Status" were updated with the same dates. I would like to think all of this new activity on Plantation's website is for an imminent reason.

The contractor being assigned, especially, seems like a good indicator. We'll see . . .

Those same permits were issued before in April. They were simply updated with new dates.

I still think it's a positive sign, but I was going to give it another week or two before a recon mission.

Edit: Ouch! Tesla just paid an additional $2,000 in fees to Plantation for a total of $5,000 now.

Last edited:
Date changed today to 12/20/15

Plantation SC is turning into a REAL joke...

From ALL the SC progress I followed, Plantation is the worst nightmare for Tesla...

Just sad to see that...

- - - Updated - - -

Those same permits were issued before in April. They were simply updated with new dates.

I still think it's a positive sign, but I was going to give it another week or two before a recon mission.

Edit: Ouch! Tesla just paid an additional $2,000 in fees to Plantation for a total of $5,000 now.

Smells like «facilitation» fees...

You must not be following Greenville, SC. :) Plantation's got nothing on Greenville.
There seem to be a handful of these around the world. Sadly for us, Plantation and Greenville are both fairly important for our Southeastern US trips. Frankly I'm more concerned with the total absence of Miami area SC than I am with Plantation. Just as Greenville makes Atlanta North much easier, so almost anywhere in South Miami would make driving from the North to the Florida Keys much less problematic. It is too bad that so many crucial gaps seem controlled by uncooperative local governments. Regardless I am thrilled with the Supercharger network as is. We will not be satisfied until we can charge almost anywhere almost as easily as buying gasoline. If we want to quite being semi-early adopters that is the last big hurdle, isn't it?

Since I live very close to this one and I chipped in on the letter writing campaign to get it approved, I just keep hoping it doesn't turn into Greenville.
Should we have another letter writing campaign to encourage them to actually allow it to happen? I wonder how many of us there are who directly feed the Plantation tax coffers through living there, working there and/or buying there? My guess is that there must be several hundred owners in those categories by now.