Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for going OT... was just trying to refute the statement that "Plantation is the worst nightmare for Tesla..."

Thanks the background is helpful as long that this doesn't become the Greenville Supercharger thread. :wink:

With regard to the Plantation Supercharger, this installation was approved by the City Council to proceed in October, 2014 and to my knowledge it has yet to break ground. Whereas it appears the Greenville Supercharger has broken ground. Was Greenville delayed more than 9 months?

By the way, I want to make it clear that I don't hold Tesla responsible for these delays.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks the background is helpful as long that this does become the Greenville Supercharger thread. :wink:

Whereas it appears the Greenville Supercharger has broken ground. Was Greenville delayed more than 9 months?

By the way, I want to make it clear that I don't hold Tesla responsible for these delays.

Larry

Tesla may have a little responsibility here Larry, they are focused on other sites and connections, this one doesn't seem to be a real priority for it is mostly at the end of the line for most commuters to our area. BTW, Greenville has been delayed over a year. They were well into construction when a major legal dispute between the landowner and a neighbor when everything stopped. It was well under construction, maybe close to completion and that is a major connection between Atlanta and the eastern corridor.

Tesla may have a little responsibility here Larry, they are focused on other sites and connections, this one doesn't seem to be a real priority for it is mostly at the end of the line for most commuters to our area.

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic. The Plantation location is certainly not the the "end of the line" either for folks traveling from I-75 or I-95 and on to the south.

I assure you that Tesla is very much aware that this location and the Miami area in general are strategic and considers it a priority to install Superchargers as soon as possible. The fact that Tesla and their general contractor Black & Veatch have demonstrated that they are capable of pursuing multiple Supercharger locations obviously shouldn't be considered a negative.

Blamming Tesla for a local unduly bureaucratic permitting process seems unfair to me.

Larry

Sorry for going OT... was just trying to refute the statement that "Plantation is the worst nightmare for Tesla..."

There were a few other sites that also took an extremely long time to bring online. I have been following the San Diego supercharger progress which seemed to take forever (nearly one year), but it's now online. So, it gets done - eventually. If Tesla didn't think it was going to happen, I'm sure they would have jumped ship and picked another site by now. In the meantime, patience is in order. For anyone traveling to the Ft Lauderdale area, it's still much more convenient than it was in 2012, considering that there are now several Tesla Destination charger options.

as of June 23 the permit showed as :
Permit Issuance Review
Assigned to TBD
Marked as Issued on 06/23/2015 by Janice Martins
Oddly, considering the permit status, neither mechanical nor utilities reviews show completed. However, it does seem that the permit was issued, assuming that is what ""Marked as Issued..." means

Here's some evidence that the delay in Plantation is probably not due to Tesla.

We're now in California for the summer and construction of a nearby Supercharger (Fountain Valley) began within a week of the building permit being issued:

Fountain Valley supercharger.jpg

In case anyone else was considering a drive-by, I did this afternoon--nothing going on.

There were some wooden sticks marking the utility easement that weren't there the last time I drove by, but that was mid-May.

FWIW . . .