Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, hallelujah. This evening at the Plantation construction site...
OK, auger, you've posted here a few times, as have I. Tell me you did not photoshop this picture!:confused: Is this really true? FWIW the Plantation website shows no new permit actions. Oh, what a wonderful thing this could be!

CONFIRMED !!! I just stopped by and talked to the site foreman, I think his name is John, nice guy. He hesitated to tell me a completion date but said they are shooting for a month or so, depending
Tesla Plantation 2.JPG
Tesla Plantation 1.JPG

OK, auger, you've posted here a few times, as have I. Tell me you did not photoshop this picture!:confused: Is this really true? FWIW the Plantation website shows no new permit actions. Oh, what a wonderful thing this could be!

Actually, I didn't Photoshop that picture. But I did rent all that equipment and hire all those actors just to screw with you guys. :tongue:

Y'all are a skeptical bunch . . . :rolleyes:

I'll can coraberate the info.
They were not there yet on Monday.
They were there on Wednesday.
(Not in that area on Tuesdays).
Talked to workers who didn't know what they were working on, but they directed me to their forman.
He said it was for Tesla chargers.
So, it begins!

They have moved on from tree removal and have broken asphalt! I'm thinking it will be operational by next Friday

View attachment 90608
I talked with the site supervisor today (the taller guy with the yellow hat and blue shirt) who told me they have no idea when it will be finished. They are doing only the excavation and site preparation. He also said he had been given rides and drives in Teslas by interested owners (must have been some of us on this thread, I imagine) and was wildly enthused himself. He said he's been talking with several tesla drivers so far.

I have the impression that this process might well be less than another year. Should we make a poll?

I would hope by the end of Sept, but I think that's optimistic due to its Plantation location.
The excavation guy intimated that they would not be complete with site preparation for another two weeks or so. I'd guess that may mean we will be in November or so before this actually enters service. We might be favorably surprised but I doubt it.