Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This supercharger is still listed as having 8 chargers, but when I was there yesterday there are 4 new chargers. They are a new, different style with large structure and cooling fans. I thought they might be Version 3, but I couldn't even get 100 KW, so probably not. And they don't have the thinner cable seen on the Version 3 chargers.

Update:
After posting this, I found a previous discussion that labels the new chargers as "temporary". They are also reported to have very limited power, perhaps as low as 50KW.

So probably best to avoid them if you have a choice, but at least they may help ease the frequent crowding at this location. The restaurant was so busy yesterday when we were there that even charging at 50KW the car was full before we got our food and finished it (25 minutes from order to delivery).

Last edited:
This supercharger is still listed as having 8 chargers, but when I was there yesterday there are 4 new chargers. They are a new, different style with large structure and cooling fans. I thought they might be Version 3, but I couldn't even get 100 KW, so probably not. And they don't have the thinner cable seen on the Version 3 chargers.

Update:
After posting this, I found a previous discussion that labels the new chargers as "temporary". They are also reported to have very limited power, perhaps as low as 50KW.

So probably best to avoid them if you have a choice, but at least they may help ease the frequent crowding at this location. The restaurant was so busy yesterday when we were there that even charging at 50KW the car was full before we got our food and finished it (25 minutes from order to delivery).

Those are the urban chargers sitting on a pallet that they bring out to busy SCs

Actually this is not entirely accurate - first there appears to be an issue with some of the standard superchargers at this location. I plugged my ‘18 MX75D at 2B and 4B and could not get above 20kW. I plugged in at 3B and it was only marginally better at 50kW.

There are 4 “urban” superchargers (max 55kW) on a pallet but there are also 2 regular superchargers on a different pallet. The regular pallet superchargers delivered a full 95kW (max for my X)

7BD7CF30-C562-4C49-B111-C01DE3D30136.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I have actually been to this charger many times and the temp chargers are neither urban or regular. Tesla is simply splitting power from the original 8 and giving some of that power to the 4 temp ones. The best ones to use at this station are the ones closes to the dumpster. I have also never seen the temp charges put out more then 30-40kw. Hope this helps

At this site now. Tried several different units. Best rate I’ve seen is 30kW. My 2017 MX 100D took forever to recharge for the trip to PHX. Only 2 of 12 chargers in use. Was the same when I was headed west 4 days ago.