Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ - Main Event Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm…
check the app?
read the posts in this thread?
(Seems only the west coast supercharger forums are updated with status in the thread title through a lot of work by the mods)
Thanks. I checked the car last week and it didn’t seem to show. and this is what the app shows. Shouldnt it show up where the red arrow indicates?

Attachments

• IMG_9841.jpeg
    IMG_9841.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 66
Thanks. I checked the car last week and it didn’t seem to show. and this is what the app shows. Shouldnt it show up where the red arrow indicates?
It is definitely live. There are still some stalls that are bagged, but most are up and running. The in-car navigation still doesn't route to this site though. It's convenient to have the gas station store and restrooms available.

• Informative
Reactions: tivoboy and KJD
You have to close the individual site you have clicked (buckeye) or the map wont refresh where it’s centered. You will also have to zoom in as the 36 stall site tag will cover the other one.
1699019555322.png1699019464263.png

Last edited:
It is definitely live. There are still some stalls that are bagged, but most are up and running. The in-car navigation still doesn't route to this site though. It's convenient to have the gas station store and restrooms available.
Thanks.. seems like it’s a large site, large layout and area and on a big route.. why wouldn’t they, or does it appear that they might turn this into a larger TESLA stop with more food options, maybe like a Kettleman?

And just as an example, it now shows 0/84 OPEN, which seems odd.
“It”? That is not the Tesla app. That data is contrary to the official Tesla app.

Does it route to the 36 stall site next door that is closer to the freeway?

1699066781188.png

We charged here two times last week heading EAST to Scottsdale and back to CA again. EACH time, this site had 1-3 cars, of about 80+ ports (basically the photos above), and the OTHER site was showing nearly full use. I would come off the highway ramp and watch the Teslas come to the north east side stop light and turn LEFT going to the legacy site.

today (saturday before xmas), obviously a HIGH travel day, the legacy site shows 2/24 (or is it 2/36) available, while this NEW site has essentially ALL available. Do ppl just not know about this site, or does the legacy Quartzite site have some great eatery nearby? I mean it IS close to the Beef Jerky place but not by much.

Last edited:
I've seen similar at the Kingman sites. Both Quartzsite and Kingman legacy sites are next to grimy Carl's Jrs....Maybe people have a secret love for their mediocre burgers and gross wet floor bathrooms! Seriously though, the vast majority of Tesla owners are uninformed masses who follow the nav, and I'm sure it routes to the older side. Guessing Terribles in Quartzite is a pretty decent spot. Those shaded canopy spots will be prime spots come summertime....

I've seen similar at the Kingman sites. Both Quartzsite and Kingman legacy sites are next to grimy Carl's Jrs....Maybe people have a secret love for their mediocre burgers and gross wet floor bathrooms! Seriously though, the vast majority of Tesla owners are uninformed masses who follow the nav, and I'm sure it routes to the older side. Guessing Terribles in Quartzite is a pretty decent spot. Those shaded canopy spots will be prime spots come summertime....
the shaded spots ARE great and nice in the heat… I would like to think that the canopy’s, there, Coalinga and Kettleman 1 will be solar one day.

Terribles is fine, bathrooms are clean albeit small and the store is quite $$ IMHO.. I also had someone harangue me about wearing a mask indoors. I just told him I had tuberculosis (easier than saying I have lung disease) and I think the word was too big, but he seemed to think maybe that wasn’t good.

Last edited: