Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Queensbury NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PeterK

Model X, 3 & Y Owner
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
Queensbury NY, which had been listed as coming soon, has a location according to this local news article.

Superchargers are coming to Aviation Mall, in the part of the parking by a Friendly's. This allows very easy access off of the Northway (I-87) at Exit 19. Friendly's is open 7-11 or midnight and there are a few other food options (Panera, Starbucks, McDonalds, a diner, a bakery and whatever is inside the mall) in the general area.

I've stopped at Exit 19 for fast food and gas many years ago but have never been to the mall. Anyone more familiar with the area? It sounds like construction may have started - pictures?

Tesla charging stations on the way

Aviation Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aviation Mall – The premier shopping center and entertainment destination located in Queensbury, NY - Mobile - Home

It is on supercharge.info now as well. This one seems a bit overkill on that corridor. The need one near the 86/390 intersection in western NY. The Binghampton to Buffalo drive is better when you avoid the thruway, and it is a 200 mile stretch through south western NY.

Sent to me by a colleague at work Thursday evening.
IMG_1029.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 61
That was quick - I'm surprised no one was aware of it and posted earlier. Perhaps because it wasn't expected so close to Albany, but there really isn't much between there and Plattsburgh. When I lived in NYC and drove up to near Plattsburgh regularly, if I forgot to gas up by Queensbury I felt some definite range anxiety further up the Northway. There's almost no place to even get gas, especially at night.

Has it been confirmed that this location is really open and working? I am driving from NY to Montreal next week and thinking of skipping Albany to charge at Queensbury but if it is not working I am in big trouble before the Adirondacks.

Has it been confirmed that this location is really open and working? I am driving from NY to Montreal next week and thinking of skipping Albany to charge at Queensbury but if it is not working I am in big trouble before the Adirondacks.

Nothing posted here, but at least one successful charge on Plugshare on 7/18. I can't figure out how to post my iPhone screenshot. If you're still worried call Tesla beforehand.

Anyone else notice that this Queensbury Supercharger dropped off of "future" 2016 supercharger map? Probably just an oversight/mistake.

View attachment 189227 View attachment 189228
I also noticed it disappearing in 2016. Perhaps it is considered redundant after Plattsburgh opened up? Distance from Albany to Plattsburgh is 153 miles. Could be a stretch in the winter for a 60 or 70.. I would think it is a typo after all the effort to install it so recently.