Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Red Deer, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tip from Lonnie (@Lon12). The new Red Deer Supercharger is under construction. The Supercharger will be located across the street from the Shell Gas station and McDonalds. Will add on Supercharge Info. Photo from Western Canada Superchargers

The 2nd new Supercharger find in Alberta today!

We could also use this thread to discuss the other Red Deer location as well. Thoughts?
D4A5A866-7EDB-4FD6-A3B6-9862254309C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
DE45E991-8AA3-4C4A-A49A-F869EAB7AB92.jpeg
93CFC861-D886-4D08-B4E4-411FBD448480.jpeg

Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Red Deer - Gasoline Alley, AB

Along National Highways: AB-2
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): AB-2A(Central)

AB-2:

To: Red Deer, AB - 6.9 km
Diversion: 3.2 km/0.1km*
To: Edmonton, AB - 154.1 km

A newer site in Red Deer, AB with more stalls, as well as being Supercharger v3.

* I put a custom spot for the distances so that Supercharge.info/Mapbox wouldn't treat it as being on the highway.
Due to being on the southbound exit, the northbound and southbound diversions are different. I measure the distances northbound, following convention.

Personally, I hate this location. Traffic into and out of Gasoline Alley is so much heavier than the current 32 St exit. Yes, more food options will be nice, but otherwise I don't see this as an improvement. It looks like there may be back road access so you don't have to follow the herd, I guess time will tell if this winds up being a better spot or not. Makes me want to upgrade to a Raven so I can just bypass Red Deer altogether, we usually skip it when driving down from Edmonton but we typically stop there on our way back north.

Gotta say, V3 can't come soon enough. The current Red Deer SC never seems all that "super" to me. Have been there completely alone, reasonably low SoC, and have never had it deliver more than 50-60kW. With Thanksgiving traffic today there was a bit of a lineup, and got only 32kW (totally expected as was 2nd into a pair). Thank goodness the battery was preconditioning for like, 45m beforehand! /s

Gotta say, V3 can't come soon enough. The current Red Deer SC never seems all that "super" to me. Have been there completely alone, reasonably low SoC, and have never had it deliver more than 50-60kW. With Thanksgiving traffic today there was a bit of a lineup, and got only 32kW (totally expected as was 2nd into a pair). Thank goodness the battery was preconditioning for like, 45m beforehand! /s
Odd, I was the last man in today (fourth of four cars charging), arrived with 39% remaining and was getting 93kW when I connected. I assume my charging partner was into the taper by that time. Of note, a fifth car arrived a minute or so after me, and there was another one waiting by the time we got done, and we passed two more heading toward the charger as we were heading back to the highway. The extra stalls will be most welcome, I counted 20 Teslas on the highway today between Calgary and Edmonton. Wasn't that long ago that seeing even one other one was a big deal.

Odd, I was the last man in today (fourth of four cars charging), arrived with 39% remaining and was getting 93kW when I connected. I assume my charging partner was into the taper by that time.

Nice! As I said, have been there totally alone, and still never get anything above 60kW in a M3 LR RWD, and today, with max preconditioning (honestly, I think it started leaving Leduc!) it was at maybe 30-35kW? Have only Supercharged 4 times, so can’t imagine it’s a degradation issue...

Nice! As I said, have been there totally alone, and still never get anything above 60kW in a M3 LR RWD, and today, with max preconditioning (honestly, I think it started leaving Leduc!) it was at maybe 30-35kW? Have only Supercharged 4 times, so can’t imagine it’s a degradation issue...
Have you called Tesla service? You should. They can look at the logs from your car while you're on the phone and advise. I think there's something wrong with your charging circuit.

Interesting development off the Trans Canada. Will they do the Hwy63 corridor to FortMac eventually I wonder?
I shouldn't read anything into it like that.

The current Red Deer, AB site was opened 1/22/2015. Tesla agrees 5 year leases, it'll be due to expire next year. So they may intend to close the existing site.

Also, with increased sales from Model 3, and maybe some increased traffic from the opening of the TCH, they may have seen Red Deer as needing expansion, and now are able to get what they consider more suitable sites. Tesla has learned that hotels are problem locations and rarely uses them.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12